Hacking I messed up ios58 in vWii mode...

sold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the Homebrew Channel through the Hackmii installer and everything seemed ok, except the aspect ratio. I also installed IOS236 and Cios249. And then I did a silly thing. While I was trying to install Wiiflow Master Mod by Abz I accidentally installed a Wii ios58 wad not realizing it was a Wii file, and that even then it was the wrong version number anyway, till after I installed it.

I can still load homebrew using the Bathaxx exploit and I have installed an ios that is supposed to be for vWii labelled ios58-64-v6176(vWii).wad but the HackMii installer freezes and locks up the console completely. Also, I am on the newest firmware, so a global update won't fix my problem unfortunately.

I didn't back up my NAND, which in hindsight was a pretty dumb thing to have done, but I have never had trouble with the old Wii's that I've hard/softmodded so I didn't think I would cock things up like this :ohnoes:

If anybody could PM me about how I can get my hands on ios-64-v6432.wad, I'd really appreciate it.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the Homebrew Channel through the Hackmii installer and everything seemed ok, except the aspect ratio. I also installed IOS236 and Cios249. And then I did a silly thing. While I was trying to install Wiiflow Master Mod by Abz I accidentally installed a Wii ios58 wad not realizing it was a Wii file, and that even then it was the wrong version number anyway, till after I installed it.

I can still load homebrew using the Bathaxx exploit and I have installed an ios that is supposed to be for vWii labelled ios58-64-v6176(vWii).wad but the HackMii installer freezes and locks up the console completely. Also, I am on the newest firmware, so a global update won't fix my problem unfortunately.

I didn't back up my NAND, which in hindsight was a pretty dumb thing to have done, but I have never had trouble with the old Wii's that I've hard/softmodded so I didn't think I would cock things up like this :ohnoes:

If anybody could PM me about how I can get my hands on ios-64-v6432.wad, I'd really appreciate it.
Umm doesn't a ios manager allow you to install ioses from NDS ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

The IOS58 WAD you got may be fakesigned, only BlueDump makes correctly signed vWii WADs I think. Maybe one of the other members knows how to get a correctly signed IOS58 WAD.

sold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Sonic Angel Knight: Do you mean the Nintendo update servers? I don't think this one is available from Nintendo. I didn't see any option to download it. If I remember right, it said it was unavailable.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i remember correctly on the homebrew browser there was a utility dedicated to installing ios58 for people who didn't have it installed yet. :unsure:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer :P

Maybe use a ios checker verifyer utility then find out if any ioses are wrong and then use dop mii ios to fix? :unsure:

Are ioses in wii u different than on regular wii?

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

sold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I looked into Homebrew Browser just now. I tried to run it from Homebrew Launcher v1.0 and it crashed. I'll give the IOS58 installer a go and report back, but I have a feeling it will only be able to get Wii ioses. That's the problem I've got cause I didn't back up my vWii wads and I installed a Wii ios. But I suppose it can't hurt to try. But I'm pretty sure the vWii ioses are different because I read somewhere you shouldn't use them.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@Sonic Angel Knight: Do you mean the Nintendo update servers? I don't think this one is available from Nintendo. I didn't see any option to download it. If I remember right, it said it was unavailable.

I looked into Homebrew Browser just now. I tried to run it from Homebrew Launcher v1.0 and it crashed. I'll give the IOS58 installer a go and report back, but I have a feeling it will only be able to get Wii ioses. That's the problem I've got cause I didn't back up my vWii wads and I installed a Wii ios. But I suppose it can't hurt to try. But I'm pretty sure the vWii ioses are different because I read somewhere you shouldn't use them.

When you are in a hole STOP DIGGING!

Please, do not rush things. That is why you are currently in this situation.
Please, Post a SysCheck (SysCheck HDE 2.4). If a vIOS gives you trouble, use the skipios option in the meta file.

Do NOT delete anything or try to reinstall anything!

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
The only way to get a proper, non-fakesigned IOS58 is to get it from someone who takes a clean dump of it with bluedump on their own vWii. Post a sysCheck first, and your most likely next step would be to load up a YAWMM elf file with bathaxx and install the proper, non-fakesigned IOS 58.

sold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys. You've all been super helpful. I stopped messing around so I don't make matters worse. From other threads I've read on here, it seems that I'm lucky I can still load homebrew and everything but ios58 related things are still working. I'll do a syscheck and post back here as soon as I can.

sold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here are the results of the SysCheck scan.

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS36 (rev 3864).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v610)

Could not detect the drive date!
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x0
Console ID: 618204417
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Australia (65)
Boot2 v0
Found 47 titles.
Found 33 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stubs.

IOS9 (rev 1290): No Patches
IOS12 (rev 782): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1288): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1288): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1288): No Patches
IOS17 (rev 1288): No Patches
IOS21 (rev 1295): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1550): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 2063): No Patches
IOS31 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4380): No Patches
IOS41 (rev 3863): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3863): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3863): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3863): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4380): No Patches
IOS53 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5918): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 6175): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS59 (rev 9249): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6942): No Patches
IOS80 (rev 7200): No Patches
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0
vIOS512 (rev 7): No Patches
vIOS513 (rev 1): No Patches
Report generated on 07/29/2016.

I have deleted the homebrew channel from the vWii menu cause it was hanging, but apparently HBC is still installed. From what I gather, my issue is IOS58 and that is why I can't run HackMii installer. But keep in mind, I ain't an expert :ph34r:

Last edited by sold,

sold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anybody that can give me a link to a clean vIOS58 file? Or is that against the rules?
Otherwise, is there any way to skip the IOS58 file so I can install the Homebrew Channel?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i remember correctly on the homebrew browser there was a utility dedicated to installing ios58 for people who didn't have it installed yet. :unsure:

Maybe use a ios checker verifyer utility then find out if any ioses are wrong and then use dop mii ios to fix? :unsure:

So does this not work?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there anybody that can give me a link to a clean vIOS58 file? Or is that against the rules?
Otherwise, is there any way to skip the IOS58 file so I can install the Homebrew Channel?
Check your PM and I can help you out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This won't work for several reasons, one being that this downloads a regular Wii IOS and not a vWii IOS which is what got him into this mess in the first place, the other being that it likely wouldn't have the proper permissions having been loaded directly from an exploit.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check your PM and I can help you out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This won't work for several reasons, one being that this downloads a regular Wii IOS and not a vWii IOS which is what got him into this mess in the first place, the other being that it likely wouldn't have the proper permissions having been loaded directly from an exploit.
Oh, sorry, i wasn't aware that there is newer different ioses inside the wii u emulation wii, it just seem like a wii inside wii u but That just kinda confusing.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Console Type: Wii
that's strange, your syscheck report Wii instead of vWii.

I have deleted the homebrew channel from the vWii menu cause it was hanging, but apparently HBC is still installed.
Never delete HBC.
that's what is said in many guides.

About a guide to help you fix your console:

as you installed IOS236 for vWii, you are safe and can fix your issue in less step than if you had only IOS249 :)

but first, do you have a forwarder channel installed on your system menu ?
if you don't, you will need the game you used to run hackmii installer again. if you have a forwarder, you can skip the "game exploit" step and use the forwarder channel.

Download This wad manager.

So, if you don't have a forwarder :
Put the IOS58-v6432.wad on your SD card root.
Put the boot.elf on your SD card root, and run the game exploit. it will load the wad manager.
when you have the choice to reload into another IOS slot, select slot 236.
Now browse your SD card and select the IOS58-v6432.wad file, then choose install.
Done.

If you have a forwarder :
Put the IOS58-v6432.wad on your SD card root.
you will need the "boot.dol" instead of the "boot.elf"
locate the place where your forwarder is pointing to (for example, if it's USBLoaderGX forwarder, replace /apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol with the dol from the wad manager)
Launch the Forwarder, it will load the wad manager.
when you have the choice to reload into another IOS slot, select slot 236.
Now browse your SD card and select the IOS58-v6432.wad file, then choose install.
Done.

You should be able to reinstall HBC by running hackmii installer from your game exploit.
put hackmii installer boot.elf back to the root of your SD card.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

sold

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use bathaxx. I still have the game. No forwarder and I deleted the HBC forwarder because it was crashing. I thought it was gone. I'm relieved to know that there may be a way to restore my system :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought you sent it by PM already.
Also, your file is not correctly named. (IOS58-v6432.wad is the correct one, just missing the "-")
it's good when using a manager, but not when using automatic installers like the V58i.wad channel.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought you sent it by PM already.
Also, your file is not correctly named. (IOS58-v6432.wad is the correct one, just missing the "-")
it's good when using a manager, but not when using automatic installers like the V58i.wad channel.
Sorry, I mistook this thread for the PM :P It's been a long day. I'll rename the file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: