Hacking Suggestion I maybe have an idea to hack patched switches

Dathuss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Well, if even SciresM says it... looks like SX OS' new modchips are the only solution after 4.1.0...

Apparently the first official ones are currently being shipped. I don't care cuz I have an unpatched switch, but as these switches are getting more and more expensive, it would have been cool if everyone experiences the benefits of a hacked switch, like homebrew developement with Devkitpro.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can develop a shitty Indie game that has some features that justifies having access to whatever the hell you need to hack a console. But you hide inside the game something to load the hack/exploit whatever.

So you just need to pay what Nintendo asks for publish an Indie game and wait for the perfect day to tell to the community that you gonna reveal a way to hack the Nintendo Switch.

But here comes the plot twist, your shitty game sells so well that you can't even believe it. Now Sony and Microsoft want you to port the game to their consoles. So you become rich and you never release the exploit.

Soon on Netflix

Reactions: DSoryu

Dathuss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can develop a shitty Indie game that has some features that justifies having access to whatever the hell you need to hack a console. But you hide inside the game something to load the hack/exploit whatever.

So you just need to pay what Nintendo asks for publish an Indie game and wait for the perfect day to tell to the community that you gonna reveal a way to hack the Nintendo Switch.

But here comes the plot twist, your shitty game sells so well that you can't even believe it. Now Sony and Microsoft want you to port the game to their consoles. So you become rich and you never release the exploit.

Soon on Netflix

Wow the perfect plot, you missed the part where nintendo sues me and I have to pay them twenty times my salary !

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game exploits are no better than browserhax, you need additional exploits to actually do anything meaningful + you'd have no sd card access, so you'd need some other way to load stuff.

Reactions: PatrickD85

Dathuss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Game exploits are no better than browserhax, you need additional exploits to actually do anything meaningful + you'd have no sd card access, so you'd need some other way to load stuff.
:unsure: Maybe we could use a corrupted image we could inject in the album (I don't think this could work but I still wanna ask) ?

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To cut this short and answer your questions:
Read this Wiki as you were advided before. This is basically THE collection of everything currently known about the Switch.

100% of your questions were ansered there.
The Switch is fully encrypted. All save files are inaccessible, all images are signed, applications do not have access to the SDCard, etc.

USUKDecks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if even SciresM says it... looks like SX OS' new modchips are the only solution after 4.1.0...

Apparently the first official ones are currently being shipped. I don't care cuz I have an unpatched switch, but as these switches are getting more and more expensive, it would have been cool if everyone experiences the benefits of a hacked switch, like homebrew developement with Devkitpro.

as of 5/10/20 there is ZERO proof a modchip exists! much less shipped. The ONLY info we get is from TX themselves and that is not proof. Next, people with far far FAAAAR more knowledge than you including SciresM the supreme dev of the switch scene already said its virtually impossible.

So if you want to keep wasting your time go for it. For now the only way is MAYBE a hardware mod. The days of Hacking consoles through software and without the need for hardware are numbered. Each gen makes it harder to do. Xb1 has nothing, ps4 has had nothing public in over 2 years and even still it will never have cfw. only the prepatched switches out of the 3 current gen models is hacked proper and technically not even it has permanent cfw nor will it ever...maybe 15yrs from now... but by then it won't really matter.

Last edited by USUKDecks,
Reactions: MeAndHax

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:unsure: Maybe we could use a corrupted image we could inject in the album (I don't think this could work but I still wanna ask) ?
Album checks if images are valid, if they're not it doesn't let you view the image and just shows a big "?" or something
(Exploiting the album would also get you equivalent permissions to browserhax, and you'd need additional exploits to do anything)

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
as of 5/10/20 there is ZERO proof a modchip exists! much less shipped. The ONLY info we get is from TX themselves and that is not proof. Next, people with far far FAAAAR more knowledge than you including SciresM the supreme dev of the switch scene already said its virtually impossible.

So if you want to keep wasting your time go for it. For now the only way is MAYBE a hardware mod. The days of Hacking consoles through software and without the need for hardware are numbered. Each gen makes it harder to do. Xb1 has nothing, ps4 has had nothing public in over 2 years and even still it will never have cfw. only the prepatched switches out of the 3 current gen models is hacked proper and technically not even it has permanent cfw nor will it ever...maybe 15yrs from now... but by then it won't really matter.

Yeah..no.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

We also did not go to the moon everything is hoax and I'm a giraffe

Gariland656

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imo i don't even see a point in this thread if he had an idea he thinks will work test it then come here and show it , thus theory's are only JUST THAT!

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
imo i don't even see a point in this thread if he had an idea he thinks will work test it then come here and show it , thus theory's are only JUST THAT!
Yeah no hate but if Op had the knowledge and means he wouldn't ask here, he'd just do it.
This thread is just useless.
If he has even 10% interest in this topic he would have known all these facts already.

Dathuss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just don't have the knowledge to do such things, I just wanted to know if it was possible (you know, this is the human thing named "curiosity"), and maybe give ideas. And I've already checked the entire wiki, but it's way too confusing for me, considering the fact i'm not a pro at coding and understanding such things. I don't care about the views of this thread, I was just... curious, you know.

legendheaven

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was made cfw with botw picture mode It's working I transferred save data and booom I get cfw on patched device and I sold method to team lol If u want help I can help u

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.