I make Electronic music

Team_Subspace

Citizen Marsalevsky
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a little while now, I've been making some sort of electronic music. Most of it I can call "probably Drum & Bass," and one song is breakcore.
Demo of my first "DnB" song, Kill it With Fire.

My next DnB track, Shadows

Thirdly, an "Up-Tempo Dubstep" track, 108

And lastly, finished today, my breakcore track, Wake Up

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I really enjoyed these, nice work :)

If you don't mind me asking how exactly did you get into making Electronic music and where did you start when you wanted to learn? I've been thinking about getting into it as a Hobby before it's too late but I have no idea on where to start.

Team_Subspace

Citizen Marsalevsky
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wake Up is my favorite one of the bunch. Good work!
Thanks! It's also my favorite so far.
I really enjoyed these, nice work :)

If you don't mind me asking how exactly did you get into making Electronic music and where did you start when you wanted to learn? I've been thinking about getting into it as a Hobby before it's too late but I have no idea on where to start.
Thanks for your support. I got into producing both out of love for electronic music and after seeing a load of other more popular artists who were around the same age as me (or younger). Prior to starting, I had taken a year of music theory, so it helped a lot when I wanted to write my first song (Kill it With Fire). I also looked up a lot of tutorials for sounds I liked created in Massive by Native Instruments. The rest was just learning how to use FL Studio, which can be seen in the increasing of complexity of my songs (Kill it With Fire - Shadows - 108 - Wake Up). And most importantly, you just have to have fun when you're doing it. There's not much better than the feeling of finishing your first song. Hope I helped :)

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
As a fan of tons of different types of electronic music - d&b was always one of my favorite genres. I do have to say that you have a nice sound, but a little bit of constructive criticism - "Kill It With Fire" and "Shadows" sound so similar to each other. The rhythm is sweet, but the songs don't have a lot of variation. To me - music has to stand out and make a statement for itself. You've got a great start, but you can do so much more with it.

For instance - Delta Heavy combined vocals with their drum and bass - and in this song they literally took the listener on a trip through the universe, space, and time.
3 years later, and I still love it. <3

This song also has quite a bit of flavor - and if you want more examples, just listen to the UKF Drum and Bass channel. It's really good. <3

The songs need something else to keep the listener engaged. If you can skip through a song, and every part sounds similar with nothing standing out, it needs work.

I understand Deadmau5 is a different genre. Aural Psynapse is still a great example of sections. It proves that you can repeat sections, but there's enough variation to keep the listener interested. (I prefer the 2nd edit.)

Go on Pandora radio. Listen to a lot of electronic. House, Dubstep, Trance, and all of the many subgenres. Identify what you think really makes a song good, and try to implement similar sounds into your tunes. :)

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's really good but I would recommend putting a drop somewhere in there. Not sure if that would make it dubstep though, that would be the icing on the cake.

Reactions: Xarsah16

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Thanks! It's also my favorite so far.

Thanks for your support. I got into producing both out of love for electronic music and after seeing a load of other more popular artists who were around the same age as me (or younger). Prior to starting, I had taken a year of music theory, so it helped a lot when I wanted to write my first song (Kill it With Fire). I also looked up a lot of tutorials for sounds I liked created in Massive by Native Instruments. The rest was just learning how to use FL Studio, which can be seen in the increasing of complexity of my songs (Kill it With Fire - Shadows - 108 - Wake Up). And most importantly, you just have to have fun when you're doing it. There's not much better than the feeling of finishing your first song. Hope I helped :)

Alright thanks man :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.