Hacking I made a very stupid mistake, anyway I can fix it?

Girouette

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...Basically, I bought a R4ISDHC Dual core or whatever, not a great card, but It was cheap and was working fine using YSmenu and such.

I could use it fine, and my 3DS didn't update...But I tried to run wood R4 on it, even though I knew it wouldn't work, and I think it tried to change my cards firmware, which I didn't know it would do, which obviously bricked the card more or less.

So now no matter what I do I can't get it to work again, am I just screwed out of the ten dollars I bought it for, or can I fix it? I can't even find a firmware file for the card on the site.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It's out of luck. Bricked, and won't be fixable.

I broke mine in a similar manner. I tried to launch YS menu, got stuck to a white screen, and then, couldn't be detected by my dsi at all.

Girouette

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, that sucks.
I don't even know why I tried to use wood, ysmenu was working so well...

Well, anyway, guess it's saving up for a new card, any suggestions for a new one well I've got a thread here?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Dang, that sucks.
I don't even know why I tried to use wood, ysmenu was working so well...

Well, anyway, guess it's saving up for a new card, any suggestions for a new one well I've got a thread here?

SuperCard DSTWO, though it's out of stock everywhere.

Try R4i Gold 3ds RTS. They're similar to DSTWO (has real time saving) but around 20$ usually :)

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So...Basically, I bought a R4ISDHC Dual core or whatever, not a great card, but It was cheap and was working fine using YSmenu and such.

I could use it fine, and my 3DS didn't update...But I tried to run wood R4 on it, even though I knew it wouldn't work, and I think it tried to change my cards firmware, which I didn't know it would do, which obviously bricked the card more or less.

So now no matter what I do I can't get it to work again, am I just screwed out of the ten dollars I bought it for, or can I fix it? I can't even find a firmware file for the card on the site.
http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-dual-core/

Click english under the kernel download area. Then unpack the archive and place it on your sd card and you should be good to go.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat