I made a Shortfilm!

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by EzekielRage, Jun 30, 2013.

1. EzekielRage
    OP

EzekielRage Hero of the Void

Aug 21, 2012
    Australia
    The Void
    Well I made a ton of videos but actually i just want you to show this here:

It is a NO BUDGET shortfilm. CC welcome :)

2. ThatDudeWithTheFood

ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    I enjoy the camera angles but WHY CAN'T SHADOWCLAN TALK?!?!?
    This is pretty good for no budget though.
    Reminds me of Jumper kind of but thats only because the title is Monger and she is a Monger.

3. EzekielRage
    OP

Aug 21, 2012
    Australia
    The Void
    Thanx^^ The clones CAN talk but the driver had his tongue cut out. That is stated in a dialogue scene (monologue) when they drive^^

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    The open on black scene with voiceover can work, here I hoped the flash player had not borked though.

I do not know if it was youtube or what (I was on 1080 but I have still seen youtube butcher it) but night scene and either motion blur or shutter speed being set that low did not help things. Was it on a tripod?

Short film I know but if you are established in Baltimore and have a blatantly Austrian numberplate (and later clearly not Baltimore/east US geography) -- the story works everywhere. Nice CGI between that though.
    ADR... I do not know, being ostensibly a comic film/voice over it could work and I do have to note the background noise being there too.

Gah day for night. Do not often see the red version mind you.

Car explosion/fire was quite well done for the most part. No muzzle flash on the gun though? (given you appear to have animated a non fixed shot with the car on fire I guess you have the software for it).

Your actress seems to get a lot more comfortable with the role in the later scenes, that or her not holding her hand steady during telekineses/ferrokinesis did not seem to gel with the action girl character (sadist then yeah, effort needed/hard to do then yeah, faux dainty then yeah).

Exposition via voiceover.... by all means do it. I would have cut it another way around though so I knew more about your shadow clan going into the underground car park rather than nearly 5 minutes in (I thought they might be afraid or something).

I will have to have a look at your others/do share more though.

5. EzekielRage
    OP

Aug 21, 2012
    Australia
    The Void
    please look at the first part and tell me what you think. I greatly appreciate the comments :)

yeah i know about the number plates but i cant really remove the number plates of strangers cars in a garage i don't own. So instead I just put the same number plates into the comic and call it a day. not elegant, i know. i kinda get the sound thingy a lot. not sure what you mean though i guess you hear something i dont or my sound mixing skills are worse than i thought, probably both^^

the gun has a muzzle flash but i guess its too short - gotta work on that.

the characterisation is an important point, ir eally have to take care of getting it steady. thanks for pointing that out in particular^^

6. ThatDudeWithTheFood

ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    I know the driver's tounge is cut out but the way it's revealed makes it seem like it's a prerequisite for being Shadowclan.
    Forgot to mention I really like the car explosion it looks great.