I made a NAND backup, how do I use it?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nastysoda, Jun 27, 2010.

1. nastysoda
    OP

nastysoda Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2010
    United States
    I have a brand new Black wii, it was 4.2U when I bought it, I was refferred to this guide GUIDE and nothing went as it was supposed to, it was a trainwreck, my wii isnt bricked or anything but its not doing anything properly as far as the apps.

How do I go about restoring the nand that i copied before i started messing with it? I'd like to try and mod it all over again using your guy's guide, thank you

2. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    A BootMii backup?

Copy the nand.bin to the SD card, run BootMii and go to options > restore NAND. You will need a GC controller for this I think.

But as I said in the other topic, you can start with the right away without doing anything.

3. nastysoda
    OP

nastysoda Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2010
    United States
    Ah ok, I'll jsut run through your guys guide again, thanks a ton

4. nastysoda
    OP

nastysoda Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2010
    United States
    OK, going through the guide now, thanks

5. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    It would make navigation easier, but it's not needed: you can use the power and reset buttons to navigate/choose the options. [​IMG]

6. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    I thought you needed to press a certain button combo on a GC controller to do a NAND restore [​IMG]

7. thesund0g

thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Aug 6, 2009
    The Boonies
    Since he has a new Wii, he's only able to install BootMii as an IOS, so yes, he has to use the GC pad to do a NAND restore. Us boot1v1 guys can use the power/reset buttons.