Hacking I made a doo doo (I think)

chick8ed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was using DOP-Mii to restore the truncha bug, and it gave me error -1.
I think this was bad. System menu works, but when I went to play SSBB,
the game wont load. So I have questions.
1) Did I somehow destroy my DD?
2)Will I have to use a back-up loader?
3)If it destroyed my DD, is there a way to fix it?
Reply if you must :3

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use modmii (in the stickies) to re-mod the wii. Start up the modmii wizard, say that this is not the first time softmodding the wii, and then select the options that apply to you until you get to the screen where it asks which things to install or update. Tick 'Recommended cIOSs' and 'Active IOSs and patched System Menu IOSs' then continue with the wizard and follow the guide to install the WADs on to your Wii.

Check if your disc drive is working now.

EDIT: nevermind just read the above post

chick8ed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then get VMWare and run a virtual windows. I thought these things were common knowledge if you were a *nix user -.-
Did I mention my computer sucks?
Go to your local library and bring a SD card with a usb adapter or a usb drive.
Download and run ModMii.
Profit!!!
I don't know if my library will allow downloading software. especially for hacking.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Do other games than SSBB work? It may just be the drive doesn't like dual layer games. SSBB worked fine on mine for a while then started to get freezing mid-game and not be recognized most of the time I inserted it.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Did I mention my computer sucks?

Im sorry, but I doubt it can be any worse than my old old laptop, which ran a celeron... something... at 1.2Ghz, 512MB DDR RAM (no, not even ddr2) and a graphic card that lagged with solitaire.
I ran debian on that and used VMWare to run a virtual WinXP installation. Worked perfectly fine... Slow - but got the job done. This was many years ago when VMWare wasnt nearly as optimized as it is now (back then, transfering files between the virtual and real OS was the latest feature, and bugged like crazy lol).

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing you were trying to restore the Trucha bug to IOS 36, SSBB uses IOS 36 so if it's been damaged you wont be able to load SSBB. To fix it it should be as simple as reinstalling the ISO using dopmii. Failing that if you have a game that has IOS 36 included as an update, you could get a copy of WiiScrubber and extract IOS 36 then install it using a WAD Manager.

WiiScrubber should work via WINE alternatively there is a linux port

chick8ed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried wii play, it works. Hopefully once I get a USB loader (Wiiflow is what I aim for) I can download it again :3
As for installing IOS 36 w/ fakesign...... it gives me error -1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup