I lost my interest in DS/GBA/GBAtemp ...

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
its so sad,
I dont even open my DS anymore, not even for playing NES/GENESIS/etc.
There were times that I couldnt stop from posting here, but these days, I force myself to check new homebrew releases.

whats wrong?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dr.tinymonkeyt in da housee
erm. hrm. maybe the lack of good games that are coming out have decreased your infatuation with games. or perhaps you have refrained from playing for so long that it is become more of a habit. or you are too lazy. or too busy.
orr....
MAYBE you have just been away from GBAtemp so long
that our game playing madness didnt rub off on you
so now you are gaming-deprived
just hang around more, and you'll be better in no time!
hope you feel better soon!
-dr.t

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Same thing...I think b/c of the limitless game access we now have...we tend not to stay focus long enough for an RPG game or what not. I think you prob have fun playing one game that is competitive such as tetris...or casual Professor Layton. I haven't been playing any RPG games b/c I get bored of it quickly with the access to all those other games. But it may be a different reason for you.

P

pasc

I thought so too sometimes, but then I played Kirby Canvas Course and those other little Minigame fun games (Chocobo Tales ftw !) and refound my gaming spirit.

Given that the DS is my Main gaming platform and my wii is currently unused until I may get other games I will focus on online, blockbuster, old backlog (which is HUGE) and rpgs.

Maybe you should try that aswell.

BTW: I know you at another forum test
wink.gif

PS: About the homebrew force thing... trust me... homebrew are most of the times much less appealing than real games because you have to download them, always keep update with the newest version of ONE SINGLE homebrew.

Homebrew is great but sometimes I'm too lazy to download it
smile.gif

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That explains your absence.

I also lost some interest in my DS, but I still frequent GBAtemp, as its becoming less and less of a DS/GBA oriented site.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cause there have been no good games out recently. I haven't touched my DS for awhile too. The last game I got was speed racer, which was only average. Luckily, a bunch of good games are coming out this week, so it should make it better.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
tinymonkeyt said:
dr.tinymonkeyt in da housee
erm. hrm. maybe the lack of good games that are coming out have decreased your infatuation with games. or perhaps you have refrained from playing for so long that it is become more of a habit. or you are too lazy. or too busy.
orr....
MAYBE you have just been away from GBAtemp so long
that our game playing madness didnt rub off on you
so now you are gaming-deprived
just hang around more, and you'll be better in no time!
hope you feel better soon!
-dr.t
dr. tinymonkeyt!
I want to get some tips from you
because I just play Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice
because my lower screen which is a touch screen sadly broken
just darker than the upper (it's at about at 2nd light option)
and it's just so full of scratch at the center because of
that pet game aarrgh I hate it now
because it's my second touch screen protector and oh
I have more games on my card like Final Fantasy CC
and Professor Layton, and Lameboy, but
I feel really bored.
so can you help me? please doctor!
-SkH

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkH said:
dr. tinymonkeyt!
I feel really bored.
-SkH
lol. so what are you asking exactly? what should you do about your screen? well if your ds is still under that 1 year warranty, i suggest you send it to nintendo to get a new one. if not, then buy a touch screen replacement, (from dealextreme or something), take apart your ds. and fix it.
or if you are asking about games and stuff. theres not a lot of games that dont need the touch. actually most games have the buttons as alternate options. many racing games do not require the touch screen (have you tried out speed racer?). platform games also do not need the touch screen. oh! steel commando is coming out, so maybe that will entertain you for awhile?
hope that helps and you dont feel as bored!
-dr.t

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
tinymonkeyt said:
SkH said:
dr. tinymonkeyt!
I feel really bored.
-SkH
lol. so what are you asking exactly? what should you do about your screen? well if your ds is still under that 1 year warranty, i suggest you send it to nintendo to get a new one. if not, then buy a touch screen replacement, (from dealextreme or something), take apart your ds. and fix it.
or if you are asking about games and stuff. theres not a lot of games that dont need the touch. actually most games have the buttons as alternate options. many racing games do not require the touch screen (have you tried out speed racer?). platform games also do not need the touch screen. oh! steel commando is coming out, so maybe that will entertain you for awhile?
-dr.t
well, thank you doctor!
I will try it all!
yaynds.gif

-SkH

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
SkH said:
tinymonkeyt said:
SkH said:
dr. tinymonkeyt!
I feel really bored.
-SkH
-dr.t
well, thank you doctor!
I will try it all!
yaynds.gif

-SkH

Does "GO ASK UR MTHR" has competition now!?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBAtemp: I like a lot of the people here so no real chance of losing interest.

Games: Aside from the new FFCC title (pure multiplayer) I have not put a new game on my DS (other the very occasional test, romhack and bit of homebrew (got to love powder and the various implementations of lone wolf)) for nearly a year (I left just before the US release of Zelda) and quite frankly I am having a whale of a time.
Granted I spend most of the time playing tetris in one form or another but the occasional blast on picross, rune factory, a platformer or a more involved game can still see me killing hours at a time.
Pasc was along the right lines here although little games can be anything.

There are various names like pirates ADD and whatnot but done correctly it can be fantastic (even with the entire xbox back catalogue (psychonauts: play it) and everything the PC has offered since the dawn of (PC) time) I find myself still drawn to my DS.

Basically if you have not already switch off the TV (most half decent stuff from anywhere in the world appears sooner or later for the grabbing) and get a book and your DS with some games in a genre you like (they do not really have to be elusive gem most seem to search for) and play/read one night/day/morning/weekend/whatever.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
smile.gif
?????? ????? ??????

??? ?????

?Edit:I am also bored of my DS because of the lack of releases,but have found something entertained.You may have beat your favorite snes games,but have you tried any cool hacks.Click on the signature.I have been playing hacks for at least a month,and when I beat one I try another one.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know what you are feeling. When my Firecard died, I avoided this forum so I wouldn't get upset about the awesome releases like Mario Party etc.

I haven't been on this forums for... 3 months? But now I've got CycloDS so I return.

SkH - But you've got an ill DS so I can't feel your pain.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs