OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi everyone !
I thought it was safe to update with BS9 installed just I updated my 2DS
I completely followed the 3ds guide and even updating to bootstrap9. It worked perfectly.
Then I decided to update from 11.2 to 11.4
Now when rebooting I lost payloads and when appearing on home menu, I can see my stuff but when touching it said " download from eshop"

did I lose my CFW ?
Is there a way to go back ?
i have all my nand backup

thanks in advance

Aliik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If they're in .bin format, they can not be loaded by Luma3DS 7.1 onward, as it's B9S exclusive (.firm format only).

Ensure inside SD:/luma/payloads/ you only have files with the .firm extension.

thank for reply
I know all of that. My luma payloads were all in .firm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it was working fine! by pressing selected button, i could load whatever payload I want, now it's all gone. I even did the transfer of boot.firm into sysnand ctr...and luma file into sysnand rw...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
nothing happens, whatever I use select or start on boot.

cfw is completely gone :(
So you definitely followed 3ds.guide in the past and had either a9lh or b9s? Impossible to lose your exploit just by updating. There's something you're not telling us.

Either you :
- restored a NAND backup using Decrypt9 without the "keep a9lh" option, or GodMode9 without the "safe" option,
- never had a9lh/b9s and instead only had menuhax,
- were using Gateway on sysNAND mode

Aliik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nonz of your three options.
i did have gateway but i had emunand for it
now i trying to follow the 3ds guide but when mounting it cannot copy savedata because the fat image is 60 kb and the savadata from dsi sudoku is 64 kb :(

Aliik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is working now
I followed the 3ds guide. => it worked. => am on cfw 11.4
Then, I simply restore with godmode9 (safe) and got back to 11.2 (working perfectly)
I turned out when I push select button, I didn't see I had tick autoboot on emunand / enable emunand firm when booting with R (I was tired, I guess) / show nand in setting....
The previous hack was still there, i could navigate and see boot.firm and luma payloads were there in sysnand ctrnand.

So i guess, either after updating if one of those options is enabled, it simply disable cfw luma and its chainloader.

or
my second thought is when putting luma/ payloads (Godmode, emunand9, hourglouss, gateway.bin etc...) files in sysnand ctr, perhaps it is messing with

Alpha_GX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So you definitely followed 3ds.guide in the past and had either a9lh or b9s? Impossible to lose your exploit just by updating. There's something you're not telling us.

Either you :
- restored a NAND backup using Decrypt9 without the "keep a9lh" option, or GodMode9 without the "safe" option,
- never had a9lh/b9s and instead only had menuhax,
- were using Gateway on sysNAND mode
I was usinh Gateway on sysNAND what should I do ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I recovered my emmunand but all installed cia are gone. Is there something I can do to recover them (I still have my Nintendo 3ds folder)
You said you were using Gateway sysNAND right? Restore a backup of it to emuNAND and put the SD card files back. They should show up if you boot into emuNAND now. If they don't, then they're lost - the files themselves are no good on their own, you need to have the NAND that they were on (they're encrypted for it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool