Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone.

I just wrote my first game review for my new website. Mind taking a look and telling me what you think?

I am obviously not a professional writer so my grammar may be a little crude. I did review a music game and there isn't much to talk about, so it isn't very long.

Also, feel free to suggest the next game I should review. I am open to pretty much anything.

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ This.

Video games are a visual medium, so you will definitely want to incorporate screen shots and video where possible. Additionally, it is apparent you are using Wordpress by the theme and layout. I would definitely use lighter colors and play with the layout.

The content of the review is pretty good, especially for your first time. It follows the tried and true format of describing the game, providing factual information about it, then delving into opinions and flaws.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think you should stop spamming links here.
Rules said:
Members are not allowed to create topics or posts intended only to promote or advertise their own or any website(s) without staff permission. If permission is given members are required to provide the name of the staff member who allowed the advert in their post.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Arctic: I honestly don't think this falls in that cathegory! He's showing off his work, and asks for c&c... it's all fair.. It's not like "Hey go to my page cause it's awesooooome!!! Lolkthxbye"

I think it looks good, but a few images are needed
smile.gif
Also, I think the layout is somewhat off in some parts, especially if you look at the bottom of the page... where the middle part is divided in two parts... it's like one pixel off at the bottom i think

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Issac said:
Arctic: I honestly don't think this falls in that cathegory! He's showing off his work, and asks for c&c... it's all fair.. It's not like "Hey go to my page cause it's awesooooome!!! Lolkthxbye"

I think it looks good, but a few images are needed
smile.gif
Also, I think the layout is somewhat off in some parts, especially if you look at the bottom of the page... where the middle part is divided in two parts... it's like one pixel off at the bottom i think
It's a pretty good review.
Better than mine anyway.
I also have a (old) review site I want to start on again.
It's right here but the reviews are gone now and it's in Dutch atm.
But it will be English soon.
EDIT: It's in English now, going to add reviews later. First one wil probably be of Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Topic title says it all.
"I launched my gaming review site!, Tell me what you think! "

It seems the OP is more interested in advertising his website than getting feedback on his review.

So this thread is closed.
I'll be nice and leave the link intact.
But further advertising should be kept in your signature.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Topic title says it all.
"I launched my gaming review site!, Tell me what you think! "

It seems the OP is more interested in advertising his website than getting feedback on his review.

So this thread is closed.
I'll be nice and leave the link intact.
But further advertising should be kept in your signature.

It's reasons like this and this that leads us to ban advertising on the forum.

If one person does it, 10 people will follow and the site will be cluttered with such threads.

If you wish to promote your site do it in your sig space or ask a staff member for permission to create a thread (it's a no from me btw as you should have read the rules).
If you wish to get help/thoughts and opinions on your site do it in your sig space or ask a member of staff for permission to create a thread (it's a no from me btw as you should have read the rules).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1