Hacking I lagged behind a bit and i'm a bit confused

incognito54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey!

I have a R4 (original legit one, not a clone) and I'm getting a bit confused about all this YsMenu's and .dats and whatever.

When GTA: CW came out I made a YsMenu for R4 with R4YsAuto and installed it as a .nds that I launched from the 1.18 firmware. Once I finished GTA: CW I uninstalled it.

I wanted to play the new Zelda but I see mention of updated infolib.dat and another .dat file, YsMenu and hacked DSTT firmwares. I don't want to risk starting a game on firmware 1.18 because it only supports 512kb saves and I've been reading people have problems with those later on.

Can anyone point me for instructions on getting the latest files for YsMenu? All the firmwares and .dat files necessary and whatnot.

Also, does anyone know if I can use the method I used before, launching YsMenu from firmware 1.18?

Thanks!

ivobhz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you might need the updated infolib.dat and for the new Zelda, you also MAY need the new savlib.dat updated for this game, BUT i think for your configuration, you actually don't need it, cause i played Spirit Tracks (with original R4+YSmenu) from the beginning to the end with the 512KB .sav file without problems. you COULD have problems if you wish to use both save slots in the game, in this case it's more risky. resuming, you need:

*Unofficial DSTT Firmware v1.17a12
*YSMenu0903270000 --> (http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/)
*Depravo's modified R4YSauto
*updated infolib.dat and savlib.dat

all this you may find in filetrip.net, except for ysmenu. if the method you listed will work, better you just try for yourself, or another person may help you out with this, cause i don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night