Hacking I know R4 is dead... But just help me on this one.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my brother an R4 and I think I'm going to add the new WoodR4 firmware on it for him. (he's 7)
I want to know if it's a fake. I've read a thread, but I don't want to take apart the R4.

How am I going to make sure it's real, and not a clone? The little MicroSD card icon thing on the back of the R4 seems real, according to this thread: This Thread

Is there any other obvious real/fake things I should look at?

(also MoonShell gives an error, and it does on my Acekard 2i aswell?)

I am afraid it's going to brick his DS...
tongue.gif

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered the R4 from [censored].com
It is DealExtreme, I've heard, and the emails say it too, but since they stopped selling them on DX, they made another site.

Um, when I added a different Firmware on my Acekard it deleted all my ROMs. Is it going to on my bro's R4?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wood is most certainly NOT fake, in fact Wood R4 is a port of Wood RPG (which is the open-source firmware for the Acekard RPG), and you can find the source here.
[url=http://code.google.com/p/woodrpg/source/browse/]http://code.google.com/p/woodrpg/source/browse/[/url]

If it's JUST "R4" and not an "R4i" or "R4 Red" or "R4 SCHD" or "R4 King" or "R4 NDSiLL3DSX" or whatever then Wood should work on it (but there's always the slim chance it won't). Even if it doesn't work, it won't hurt it.

As for Moonshell, you need to read the instructions it comes with, as you need to set the language it uses before you transfer it to your flash car.

Posts merged

Aijelsop said:
Um, when I added a different Firmware on my Acekard it deleted all my ROMs. Is it going to on my bro's R4?
Er, the only way it would have deleted the ROMs if it you formatted (which deletes EVERYTHING on it), or if the ROMs were being kept inside the firmware folder (which they shouldn't be).

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... does it have to be gamename.nds.sav or can it be ####gamename.nds.sav?

Most of my bro's games are with numbers in the front and some spaces?

Also do I need to rename the games? or just the saves?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out. Thanks guys. My bro is gunna be happy when he plays his DS. Lol

Also, a really stupid question, but does it matter if saves are capitalized? (.SAV)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM