I know it's been asked a million times!!!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by pitoui, May 11, 2008.

May 11, 2008
  1. pitoui
    OP

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    OK, sorry for posting this because I know it's been asked heaps of times... butttt what flash cart should I buy.

I'm leaning towards the SCone. I KNOW it's a little more expensive compared to the AK2 but is it worth it?
    I currently have a Supercard SD and I've had that since I've had my GBA SP. It still works great.
    So I think my option's are

SCone
    AK2
    TTDS

If you could give me pro's and cons of each model, it would be greatly appreciated.

Please help me choose one!

p.s- what OS does the SCone come with from DX?

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
  3. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Although I completely agree with DanTheManMS, I'll explain.

SCDS1 SDHC:
    Pros
    - RealTime save (Lets you save anywhere, anytime),
    - Realtime guide (Useful for RPGs), -multi saver (Lets you save more than once. Very useful for sharing),
    - a Tripple loader (Lets you swap between the Dstt GUI, and the yasu dstt GUI. So you can say it's "emulating" the DSTT perfectly.)
    - It's really cheap, compared to the great cyclo.
    - Very well built
    - Great support from the team. The team does not drop support for any of their product

Cons:
    - A learning curve for beginners
    - A lot more options can confuse some people who have no experience with flashkarts.
    - A bit "Slow" compared to other carts.

I have a review of the SCDS1 on my blog here, for more info.

AK2:
    Pros
    - REAL cheap
    - Decent support
    - Easy to use
    - Great looking GUI, with fast and responsive menu.

Cons
    - Terrible construction

DSTT isn't really worth getting, compared to SCDS1 or AK2.

SCDS1 might be a little harder for newcomers, seeing it has a lot more functions or options to choose to make everything suitable. But if you don't mind going through a learning curve, SCDS1 would be the right choice.

Also, the OS is because of the piracy law in some countries, so they had to change their name and etc to make sure it goes undetected. It's also been that way for France.

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you don't need to save game states or use slow motion (not many people really use these options), you might as well save some money and go with the Acekard 2, which has a much nicer menu anyway. If those extra features are worth the extra money and a less elegant interface, go with the SCDS1.

-Bri

5. crazyazn5

Newcomer crazyazn5 Advanced Member

United States
    I like my SC"OS"/DS1 never had any problems ever. Except the fact that my computer sucked and couldnt reformat correctly. But every game worked.

6. JSalcedo

Newcomer JSalcedo Member

United States
    Scds1 is a great choice. Just get the ttds menu on it, and you pretty much fix the "slow" issue.

7. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    But you lose the features. If you want to use the ttds menu get the dstt at DX for $20 instead of the scdsone for $34

8. pitoui
    OP

Australia
    I think I'll go with the SCone, I actually like mucking around with different features and whatnot. Although I will never use the slow mo feature, I will definitely use the RTS feature.

I know that the Supercard team have great support, they are still updating their Supercard SD lol.

Thanks, I was going to go for the SCone I just needed somebody to tell me to do it. (If that makes any sense)

Appreciate it guys.

9. Saladman

Newcomer Saladman Advanced Member

United States
    The only slow bit about the scds-1 menu is the actual rom start up time, which is a few seconds more, roms run just as fast on the scds-1 once started, and navigating the menu is as quick as you like, all the slowness comments is just fanboi banter, they cannot handle the fact that the flash cart they bought is not the best, thats all.

Also all 3 menus (scds1,dstt,yasu) can be on the mem card at once, and can be chosen at boot-up and/or booted from one OS to another with extreme ease, you lose nothing when using other menus as a previous poster in-correctly has tried to suggest.

There is no reason to buy any other cart, but as with all carts a good memory card is required to get the most smooth operation.

10. quartercast

Member quartercast GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Why don't you try a PenisCart? Its totally free if you're male.

11. pitoui
    OP

Australia
    Why don't you shove your penis cart up your ass... It's totally free if your a dickhead.

12. pitoui
    OP

Australia
    Just another question, can you skin the SCone?

13. Saladman

Newcomer Saladman Advanced Member

United States
    yes you can skin all 3 os on scds-1, but there's no multi-skin menu function, so your stuck with 1 at a time.

14. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    But they're most likely making that function, so that you can put more skins at once. Or at least, hopefully.

15. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    And they'll be adding sorting to the DSTT menu any day now! (Don't hold your breath).

-Bri

16. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    If you know it's been asked a million times, chances are, we do too. Can't you just look at one of the million already posted?

17. Light

Light Newbie

whats a Scds1?

18. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Scds1=Supercard DS One

19. Light

Light Newbie

hmm?is supercard a better card then cyclo?can it save real time and play mp3s?how diff issit from the r4(its the only card i have xp with ) and the cyclo?which im eyeing right now..but prices are..abit.steep..

20. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    In my opinion it has better functions, but it has a less nice GUI.