I just won a frickin' laptop.

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nothing of any interest coming up after this line...

It all began about 4 weeks ago...
We've got a website here in Germany, called "Monsterdealz", where the admin posts deals and bargains and stuff all the time onto his blog. But, whatever. His site had it's 2nd birthday on april 30th, so he made a competition in 4 categorys (1. Advertise Monsterdealz on your blog or website/2. like Monsterdealz on Facebook/3. Get me sum REAL fanletters!/4. Comment regularily on the facebook-fanpage.). I participated in the first category with a blog entry and a selfmade flash-video (considering I don't have a fucking clue about adobe flash...). Well, it took him some time to finally say who has won and what not and today I read his Blog, saying:
QUOTE said:
1 x Asus X52JR-SX190V 39,6 cm (15,6 Zoll) Notebook (Intel Core i5 450M, 2,4GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, ATI HD5470, DVD, Win7 HP ) schwarz im Wert von 579€ (Preis Info: Idealo)

geht an die Einsendung von lolcast, aber auch nur weil er ein schönes Video gemacht hat
wink.gif
Which would roughly translate to '1x Asus Laptop [...] goes to lolcast, but only bcs he made a beautiful video*.
wink.gif
'
Well, I'm so fucking happy now. I would have never even guessed, that I'm in the top 3 at all. Hell yeah.

I just can't stop to feel happy. It's like life had mercy for me and said: 'Hey, you. Wake up. Wanna know something? Your shitty life's over. Don't trust me? Take this laptop as a sign of my honesty. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'
:3 ;_;

*the Video:
[youtube]BMn3CFn2tmM[/youtube]
It describes the process of 'Hauke', a student who doesn't have enough money to spend on his desires, then remembers this website, which he got told of by a friend. He then gets all he ever wanted without having spend too much money. ._.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice job dude. I wish I could have a fucking laptop. I only have a regular one.

Joking aside, if you submitted something, I think you deserve it. It means the judges felt your submission was worth a prize.
smile.gif

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sergster1 said:
Why cant places in the US do awesome crap like this. i5 processor.... holy crap
So, do you people in the US don't have prices like those? Oo
I could swear I've seen thousands (yeah, thousands, sure) of raffles and competitions where you could win iPad's, iPhones, full-fledged desktop pc's and such sick stuff oO

mabilouz said:
Hey Congratulations, that was karma rewarding you for helping get ProSieben back
wink.gif

Yeah, haha
biggrin.gif

mabilouz said:
Hey did you just add the video. That's good!
Nah, I dunno. It just doesn't feel right yet. But since I'm a total noob at flash, I think that's forgivable
wink.gif

tajio said:
Pictures or it never happened.
tongue.gif

I'm going to take some snaps when it arrives sometimes next week.

QUOTE(Linkiboy @ May 7 2011, 07:57 PM)
Nice job dude. I wish I could have a fucking laptop. I only have a regular one.

Joking aside, if you submitted something, I think you deserve it. It means the judges felt your submission was worth a prize.
smile.gif
I'm not sure on this one. The administrator of the website sounded more like 'meh, and because nothing better has entered the competition, this worthless piece of shit gets the laptop then...' when he posted the results... :/

QUOTE(Coto @ May 7 2011, 08:06 PM)
Congrats! I´m sure you´ll give it a good use!
Of course I'll do. The first thing I'm going to do is to install a triple-boot-system (W7, XP and Hackintosh
tongue.gif
), since I completely forget about it on my desktop when I formatted the hard drives in january.

And well, thanks to everyone else for being so nice and kind. I know at least a few fist full of people, which would now yell at me like 'You damn asshole, why have you won? I can't stand you! BAH!' :/

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've no luck in competitions. The only thing I ever seem to win is the hearts of a selection of lovely young ladies.

....You can keep the laptop, I'm good.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Competitions in the U.S. tend to be very limited. Certain age groups, locations, and the like are excluded for one reason or another in every competition. Even then, the big ones, MILLIONS of people tend to enter. Your odds of winning are on par with winning the lottery a lot of the time, and those under 18 are always excluded, or it comes with some kind of ridiculous terms for those who aren't legal adults.

Most of the competitions are generally for low value items though, such as a single video game, or things that most people just don't have a use for unless you are a specific kind of person.

Congrats on your laptop! I've entered many competitions with no luck to date myself.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
Why cant places in the US do awesome crap like this. i5 processor.... holy crap
You clearly aren't looking hard enough. When my laptop came out there were tons of giveaways, and it has quad i5s.

Nice score, OP. Now go buy some gaemz. Also, wtf is wrong with you, fudge? Who trades a laptop for a wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.