I just updated from cios rev17 to rev21, and having problems..

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by steve2606, Jan 2, 2011.

1. steve2606
    OP

Newcomer steve2606 Advanced Member

United States
    Hi there.

My Wii is on 4.2e, and I've been on rev 17 for the longest time. I recently decided to update to rev21.

So after updating I do a few tests to make sure everything is still working.

I can still install WAD files. (Wad Manager 1.7)

I can play GC backups still, using 1.2 backup launcher. (although Neogamma r9 beta 47 doesn't boot them when I select from multi disc, it recognises what games are on there though)

But I tried opening CFG usb loader, and was greeted with a "Partition: auto not found!" error message.

Now I know that the USB is correctly formatted, since I've been using it for months now with no problems, so I assume something has changed in the background with the install.

Could somebody please help me identify the issue? Since my knowledge of this is limited, I don't want to do anything stupid and mess up my Wii.

Would really appreciated it, thanks. [​IMG]

UPDATE

Ok so I have an old version of USB Loader GX on my SD too, and that is recognising the USB games. So should I just manually update CFG to latest version?

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    What IOS did you use a base when you installed rev21?

3. steve2606
    OP

United States
    Err... the defaults... [​IMG]

I know the "Custom IOS" was 249

I think the other was 58...

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I do not think IOS58 is fully supported yet. Try using IOS56 as a base.

5. boondoklife

Member boondoklife GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had some issues with ios58 also, but moved to 249 base 56 and 250 base 37. I have yet to have an issue with that configuration.

6. MigueelDnd

Member MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Damn... I have almost the same problem, man; and I haven't worked it out completely yet.
    I was on rev17 and updated to rev20 to get BlackOps working. Then my HDD stopped being recognized by every loader. I can install WADs, cIOS and everything; but the only solution I found was to change all my USB loaders to run with 222 instead of running with 249. Later, rev21 came out and my HDD is accepted sometimes using it as base, but for now I'd say 222 is your best bet now if you already tried reinstalling cIOSx.

7. steve2606
    OP

United States
    That seems to have the done the trick. WAD installed fine, GC 1.2 loaded fine, although Neogamma still isn't...

Most importantly, USB is being recognised again. [​IMG] phew.

I do have another slightly related issue... I thought I might as well post it here instead of making a new thread. I hope you can help again...

So basically, I have installed Brawl using my retail disc (PAL, and it's 6.75GB according to the loader), and load it using the latest CFG loader. (62)

I am able to go online fine, and play through the Subspace E. with no issues. But when I try and play single player, I play through a match fine with some CPU's, and then it goes to the victory screen where all the characters are clapping. As soon as I press ok to go back to the menu, the game freezes on the clapping screen. Sometimes with a constant tone buzzing. I have to hold the power to get out of it.

At first I thought it was a partition issue, since Brawl is Dual Layer. So I tried my retail disc through the disc channel for the first time in about a year, and the same thing happens through the disc as well!

So what could be causing this? It's not too big an issue, since I mainly only go online and do the story anyway, but it would be nice to know the cause of the freezing, even on retail disc.

Thanks. [​IMG]

8. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If it's happening on the retail disc which doesn't use any kind of cios at all then i would say the disc is to blame it has scratches or something and when you ripped it to the hard drive the same issues got ripped along with it causing problems from both disc and usb loader.

Try downloading the game from somewhere and playing it from your hard drive and if it plays fine then you know your disc is to blame.

9. nethru

Newcomer nethru Newbie

United States
    I had similar issues. When up went from Rev14 to Rev21 my old USBLoaderGX wouldn't work and i put a newer version on and it worked fine finding the USB but then I wasn't able to install WAD's on the system nand or the SD card nand.

10. steve2606
    OP

United States
    [/quote]
    If it's happening on the retail disc which doesn't use any kind of cios at all then i would say the disc is to blame it has scratches or something and when you ripped it to the hard drive the same issues got ripped along with it causing problems from both disc and usb loader.

Try downloading the game from somewhere and playing it from your hard drive and if it plays fine then you know your disc is to blame.
    [/quote]

Hi,

So I downloaded a PAL unscrubbed copy of Brawl, and the problem still persists... =/

Anybody know why this is happening? [​IMG]