i just saw www.gbatemp.net got hacked

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by MohammadKoush, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2007
  1. MohammadKoush
    OP

Newcomer MohammadKoush Member

United States
    like the post title say what do u think of that

2. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    all i noticed was that the website was down fo rlike 3 minutes lol

3. MohammadKoush
    OP

United States
    i'm telling you i saw a black back ground and some writing in green like old dos screan some kinda flash work and the guy had a hotmail.fr emall account ...[​IMG]

edit
    here what i have saw
    i was u know trying to see whats new here.
    first time i got the 404 saying the page is not available, i sed maaan i lost my commection again, so to make sure i opend another browser and surly enugh i saw my home page, so i sed to my self, mmm well i think there site is down for some reason. at that time i had no clue whats going on.
    so i kept hiting my refresh button, and then the site started to load ,ever opend a site and the main page is like an add. and u wait for the add. to fully come up b4 u can access the main page, well that was like that the background went black, and then it hit me i saw dos like prompt blinking then each line started with 202 or 212 number, i cant remamber but it started to say that this site got hacked by the guy name it was not simple to remamberbut i got this part for sure he was @hotmail.fr, any way so i just injoyed my first hacked show site and waited to the end at this time all what i was thinking .oh .oh i should go to my ds-x forum, and tell my friends over there so they can see it and by the time i posted there i came back to see it again it was gone lol i got my rush ...[​IMG].

i have a request to the GBATeam to comment on this ....

4. SHADE³

Newcomer SHADE³ Member

United Kingdom
    have fun

5. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

there's not much to say...

good thing they didn't delete anything, and you gotta see the good side of things, they showed us our weakness(es)
    now it's up to us to make sure nothing of the sort ever happens again!

about fixing it there wasn't much to do, just removing the index.html replacement page and putting the old index.php back.
    once again I was lucky enough to be there at the time it happened.

6. MohammadKoush
    OP

United States

HAHAHAHHAAHHA thank you, thank you, (run around in circles) see every one i was not going krazy HAHAHAAAHAH now its official GBAtemp.net did get hacked and thanks for our capten Costello to put it back , now i am happy

7. SHADE³

Newcomer SHADE³ Member

United Kingdom
    You're happy this place got hacked? [​IMG]
    Either way, we don't care [​IMG]

8. MohammadKoush
    OP

United States
    offcoarse not i am only happy is that i was a witness for it and for u not to see it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Meh, not even some pr0n... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. digital_sin

Member digital_sin GBAtemp Regular

Egypt
    It's propably the message board that was bugged and hacked, I dunno if you guys keep your board updated with the latest security fixes, but Invision Power Board v2.0.2 is a few versions behind (2.2.x has been out for a while).

I was a co-admin on a forum that was hacked/defaced by a stupid phpBB bug a few months ago, it sucked.

11. p5100pc3

Member p5100pc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Whoa guys... you know what this means right???? GBAtemp has made it big time. The site is soooooo popular that someone deems it worthy to hack.

Way to go guys! This site is truely the best!!! I love you guys!!!

12. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    WHOOT!!!
    They didn't delete anything FTW! And now the security is getting beefed up! Unhackable cyber fortress FTW!
    Unhackable cyber fortress FTW!

Thank god t3h captain was here, I don't know what I'd do if this site were down for more than an hour or so.

13. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    Just what I thought.
    But not popular enough. Wikipedia deleted the gbatemp article. I wonder what happened to it...

14. aeSentinel

Newcomer aeSentinel Member

Australia
    Wikipedia's been really getting on my nerves lately. It seems some moderators are nominating articles for deletion for no apparent reason. It's lucky most Wikipedians have the common sense to object to it.

15. cubanresourceful

Newcomer cubanresourceful Member

Maybe since the site has to do with roms...? Well, again, props on getting it back up fast, and what a n00b hacker, editing the index.php, seems like he/she couldnt do much anyways! I say you have ninjabots patrolling the site for hackers... >.> [​IMG]

16. p5100pc3

Member p5100pc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States

Or minjas (aka midget ninjas)...they'll make quick work of would be evil doers!

17. MohammadKoush
    OP

United States
    hey do i know you from some were [​IMG] .....(thinks and skratch head [​IMG] ) .....................oooh yeeeaaah [​IMG] .........nope thats not it......have u ever worked for Mcdonalds b4 [​IMG] .......maybenot.................oh iget it [​IMG] ............your that guy that do lawnmore dance [​IMG] ............nope nope ........gosh darn [​IMG] .......i cant put my finger on it .... any way happy to see u on this forum

18. aeSentinel

Newcomer aeSentinel Member

Australia
    You might have. [​IMG]

I signed up here to read the reviews a few months ago. Now I'm finally posting on the forums. [​IMG]

19. digital_sin

Member digital_sin GBAtemp Regular

Egypt
    he only edited index.php and didn't delete anything from the website propably just to avoid extreme legal sentencing just incase he gets caught, some hackers even bother to backup the original site's index files before they replace it(deface it) with their own.

Also, if your site gets hacked but nothing valuable was lost or deleted, you're propably not going to pursue this guy for a long time if at all, so he can get away with defacing 100s of websites without any actual report filed against him.

Some hackers dont actually delete anything because of a moral "code" or "oath" they follow, they only hack just to prove that they can, or show their power and the same time others weaknesses.

20. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    thank you for that intelligent post [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.