Homebrew I just saw a video of GC games being loaded from usb loader gx

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... I've always wondered:
If GC Backups work off of SD, but currently not off of USB...
Why not just make the GC Loader app copy the selected game from USB->SD before launching the game??
Sure, it would take some time to copy... but still a workaround for storage limitations of the SD.

or maybe I'm just crazy for thinking that though.

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just make the GC Loader app copy the selected game from USB->SD before launching the game??
Sure, it would take some time to copy... but still a workaround for storage limitations of the SD.

I think most of them actually do that now, I know CFG does.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think most of them actually do that now, I know CFG does.

I haven't heard of that. Sounds pretty cool. Anyone know how to do that with usb loader gx?

Edit - Nevermind. I figured it out. You just have to go to settings, custom paths, and change the main gamecube path to a usb2 folder.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
I don't think the compatibility is very high, though.

You are probably thinking of the USB loader for GC games, the original Dios Mios which could only (barely) run a handful of games and even those had severe issues because you have to disable ARAM support for USB access to work.

The original reports on DIOS MIOS were terrible (playing only a handful of games anywhere near full speed), but Dios Mios Lite has much better support - as good as loading via an SD Gecko + Swiss in my experience. crediar has been working on the USB original Dios Mios lately though, and apparently support is exactly the same as DML.

When releases it (which by his comments, sounds relatively soon), we will have a USB GC launcher that works as well as both SD-based methods.

And I can't freaking wait :D

[Category EDIT] Spelling and grammar fixes.
[English Teacher EDIT] E+, please see me after class.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol