Hardware I just re-shelled my New 3DS XL, come take a peek. ;)

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have to learn how to re-shell my own Pikachu 3DS if some of the scratches increase in volume. Sometimes I think having red buttons to match Pikachu's cheeks would make sense instead of multicolored ones. The A button isn't really enough for me. lol

Reactions: Jayro

romevi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multi-colored buttons is the dream! But alas the regular-sized n3DS buttons don't fit in the XL, so that's why I thought white would be the next best thing.

romevi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eff it. I'll just slap the white buttons in and if it looks ugly I'll give myself a month to adjust before changing back. :evil:

romevi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replaced the Circle Pad, but decided to leave the buttons as is. The white clashed with the gold on the black shell.

3ftjdMS.jpg

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
[...]

THE VERDICT:

While the end result came out nice, I cannot recommend doing this unless you have small hands, great lighting and good tools.

[...]

And lots of patience too, or else something can go really wrong, and instead of re-shelling, you'll need a new console or motherboard.

I'm not very fond of Pikachu, but must admit I like how it looks. Could you please provide a link (if permitted), to where you ordered the shell replacement? Thanks in advance.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
And lots of patience too, or else something can go really wrong, and instead of re-shelling, you'll need a new console or motherboard.

I'm not very fond of Pikachu, but must admit I like how it looks. Could you please provide a link (if permitted), to where you ordered the shell replacement? Thanks in advance.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291931914912

It comes with all 5 shell pieces, but not the IR lens or camera lenses. It will need parts from your old shell for the triggers as well.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's fuckin' sexy, but I'd never try to re-shell a lid-based system. I've done GB/GBC/GBA shell swaps, and they're easy as hell. Can't imagine doing that, but awesome job!

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans