i just ordered a m3ds real so what should i do now?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by triple-sevenz, Jun 15, 2008.

1. triple-sevenz
    OP

Member triple-sevenz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ^^ what it said up there. which fw should i get and which microsdhc's give the least amount of problems. i did not get the gba expansion nor the ram. just the rumble. i could play gba on my psp so i didnt really need it. oh and is m3ds real pretty good? i read the reviews and stuff but i dont wanna waste my money.

btw im new here. just joined yesterday. hi everyone.

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    try to get a a-data, or kingston
    avoid sandisk because they have problems on some games

once you obtain said card, you can use the included reader but your gonna have to to get another one
    you might as well buy a reader while your getting the card, you can get the sandisk mobile mate SDHC for $2.50 or so, real cheap

get the latest firmware
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2584

just copy the SYSTEM folder to the MicroSD/HC card
    then make a folder called NDS and place your NDS roms in there

thats it
    any homwbrew, just place it on the card, dont put it in a folder

3. shiroitaka

Member shiroitaka GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have always used sandisk cards and writers and never had any problems yet? oh well guess its luck of the draw sometimes [​IMG]

4. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I already talked with Joe88 about that..I still have no issues with SanDisk, and never had...Mine microSDHC reader still works (the one that came with first batch of Reals)..

And BTW, welcome triple-sevenz, enjoy the site!!

5. triple-sevenz
    OP

United States
    thanks. i just ordered A-Data 4gb class 6 for pretty cheap. is the sakura fw pretty good? has it been completely translated and revised whatnot? or should i just stick with the latest m3ds real fw?

6. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    m3sakura hacked version is now completely english, and runs from what i know every rom the original firmware can run.
    altough it has some problems with a few homebrew(tough you can always launch those through a different launcher)

7. triple-sevenz
    OP

United States
    what kind of cheat file do i need? im at the download section and there are lots of stuff? is there a way to convert some to be able to use with m3ds real?

8. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    m3real uses a cheat.db, the cheat database made by narin comes in multiple types among which a db file.

also, the hacked m3sakura comes with a recent, possibly latest, version of narin's cheat db
    and to my knowledge that's the most complete cheat database available.

9. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    well basically the only game is TWEWY where it tends to freeze constantly
    other then that its fine, but dont wanna find out the next big also has that same problem

10. triple-sevenz
    OP

United States
    well im getting a pretty fast card so i should be able to play it. where can i get the cheats.db?

11. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    http://cheats.gbatemp.net/06_14_08_CHEAT.DB.zip

latest cheat.db

just drop it into the SYSTEM folder and rewrite the old cheat.db

12. triple-sevenz
    OP

United States
    um that link sends me to an error page. but yea i found a way to download it. thank you.

13. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
  14. triple-sevenz
    OP

United States
    my m3ds hasn't been delivered yet but i'm already getting second thoughts. i heard that its extremely slow compared to other flash carts. have i made a wrong decision by getting the m3ds?

15. AXYPB

Member AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Only the GUI is slow, but it's still competent. If you feel that's going to be an issue, consider using Sakura.

16. Myztikal_

Newcomer Myztikal_ Member

Australia
    Just get ready a copy of M3 Sakura. M3 Sakura has addressed the "slow" issue already and plus "extremely slow" is only a second and won't matter if its your first flash cart because you won't be able to tell the difference.

Again, get M3 Sakura [​IMG]

17. triple-sevenz
    OP

United States
    i just read on some other threads that the gba expansion will make the m3sakura much faster. is it true cause i didnt get it cause i really didnt need it.... maybe i should get one after all...

18. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I've heard that the only flashcart with more functionality than the M3 Real is the CycloDS. I've also heard that M3 Sakura has topped that and more, by offering almost everything a flashcart could need (except real-time save). With a little bit of patience, Sakura will be released in its first official, non-hacked version, and hopefully any problems it currently has (broken NDS-GBA linkage, etc) will vanish. Even so, any of these problems have been circumvented by the triple loader provided by FiRsT-aNd-LaSt, so there's nothing to complain about.

As for the GBA RAM expansion thing, M3 Sakura uses a 16MB swapfile on the MicroSD card. The GBA RAM only acts as a replacement source for this swapfile, allowing it to run a little bit faster because the RAM is faster than reading/writing on the MicroSD.

19. triple-sevenz
    OP

United States
    ahh i see. i guess it wont make that much of a difference then. i hope m3 gets real time save soon. it will be really nice to have it. thanks for everyone that helped me get accustomed to my new m3ds which still hasnt come yet lol.

20. triple-sevenz
    OP

United States
    omg. realhotstuff ships really fast. i ordered sunday. it shipped monday and came today (tuesday). that's just one business day and i only paid $4 for shipping (sweet). still i gotta wait for my microsdhc card to come next week and i dont have a ds yet. im thinking about getting the guitar hero ds bundle. the m3ds works on all ds's right?
    just noticed that i double posted. sorry about that. also can anyone tell me if the t-flash card reader it came with is good or not? i heard crappy readers can corrupt microsd cards and stuff. it looks like this.
    [​IMG]