I just lost 30MB on my G6

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Lynx The Dark, Jan 14, 2007.

Jan 14, 2007
  1. Lynx The Dark
    OP

Member Lynx The Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    When I right click the drive and go to properties it says says there's 418MB used, but when I go in and select all folders, then go to properties to see how much space they all tkae up it's only 388.

Screens:
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h102/Shi.../Misc/g6001.jpg
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h102/Shi.../Misc/g6002.jpg

Flash drives tend to do this sometimes, but how do I get it fixed without formatting, I don't want to mess it up even further and 30MB is a lot of space. It seems to be working fine though, it saves and everything's fine.
    Should I scan it with TuneUp 2007 and see if it finds any undeleted files and remove those with it?

EDIT: TuneUp did find stuff I had on my flash before some files are even in good condition, but it can only restore and not delete them, maybe I should mess with TuneUp a little more and see if it can remove some of these already deleted files.

If I mess up my G6 even more it's going to be bad [​IMG]

I could do a Through analyzes of the G6 cart with TuneUp, see if it has any bad sectors and try to recover them but for that I need to restart my computer, is it ok to restart the computer with the G6 inside? Because that's the only way to scan it with TuneUp 2007.

EDIT 2: Make that 20MB, I saw the 398 as a 388, either way I just deleted some stuff, flashed some new games and there's still a 20MB difference, everything works great though it saves and games run fine.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Your G6 is fine.

418,000,000 bytes is about 398 megs, just like the screenshot says. That plus the 100 or so megs of free space puts you at about 499MB, which is the normal amount of usable space available on a formatted G6.

3. Lynx The Dark
    OP

Member Lynx The Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

XD! This is why friend, you don't spend all day playing that stupid WoW and get enough sleep at night.
    I'm just going to pretend I never made this topic now and...I guess I'll stop posting here for awhile to make up for it [​IMG]

~_~ man this is stupid lol