UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Everyone
I am UnseenHero. I just got my PS3 ths December the 26th on Boxing Day. As soon as I got back form vacations I did an update to 3.55 I think. Then I got Cal of Duty 4. Later on someone told me about a promod patch. He told me how to do everything for this patch to work (which is a hack in game. Not a bad one people actually thanked me for it it was a promod hack) Anyways after a few days a new patch came out the 3.56 i believe. The on gbatemp i found that is i used a certain DSN i could "bypass" it. I did it and it worked
biggrin.gif

But now I haven't played for a few days and It asks me to download an update. I haven't heard of any update higher than 3.56 and the DSN will not bypass it. So if I update will i get banned/what ever can happen to you (i was playing retail copy games) or is there another way to go around this?
Sorry I am very new to this and do not know the terminology to the PS3 jailbreakign scene. And for method I used i got patch files the update patch manually then ran install packages then used blackbox.

Thanks for Reading
-UnseenHero

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The DNS exploit has been patched, so it will not work. It seems anybody who was using it previously will now be told to update. There were actually 2 versions of 3.56, the first one caused problems and the second one fixed them (along with patching the DNS exploit). Now, AFAIK, there is no way to play online using CFW.

Here are your choices:
3.55 CFW = offline homebrew and piracy
3.56 OFW = PSN, online multiplayer, online features.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also worth noting, there is no way to downgrade from 3.56 at the moment, so if you go official to go online, you might be there a long time, if not forever.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
There's a marginal chance of bricking, but that's common with any firmware update (real or custom). Generally, if you update to 3.56, nothing bad will happen. Some argue you should clear your logs, etc, before updating in order to protect your PSN account, although Sony haven't banned people for simply using CFW yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain