I just got my G6Real!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by WeaponXxX, Jun 28, 2007.

Jun 28, 2007

I just got my G6Real!!!! by WeaponXxX at 9:11 PM (969 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. WeaponXxX
    OP

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    Will I have a LOT of Slot 2 flash carts....G6, G6Lite, Supercard, a few M3's ect....and I have been holding off for a Slot 1 solution....I mean the whole "perfect compatibility" thing is bull shit cause Slot 1 users still need to update their firmware so your still waiting for the manufacture if there is game that needs an update...no real win there. However the G6 Real:

1) Connects to Leaf Green in the GBA Slot
    2) Connects to my Wii for PBR
    3) Since your putting unpatched roms in the root directory if there is a firmware update you don't need to repatch all the roms (Like I do with my M3 Lite)

I have to say the thing is pretty kick ass.

Only real downside is the linker which...I have just gotten so accustomed to my M3 Lite...using Linkers can be a drag...however if their is a dumper ever made it will be nice to have...then again with my M3 I can dump in the store [​IMG] Oh wellz....just wanted to say the G6Real does kick some major ass

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I also have a M3 Lite, but I have a M3 Simply in my Slot 1. It has all the positive sides of the G6 Real. But it has external memory (I like it more than internal memory). AFAIK it doesn't work with Pokémon Battle Revolution.

I hope other Wii-games use a different system so they also work with the M3 Simply... Oh well, I buy the real good games anyway.

Does anyone know a cheap solution to fix the PBR-problem btw?

3. GirAiD

Newcomer GirAiD Advanced Member

United States
    I bet your M3 does not have the nice game icon :-P

4. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    I totally agree WeaponXxX! [​IMG]

I didn't know about that Wii compatibility though. What a nice surprise! [​IMG]

5. WeaponXxX
    OP

United States
    Do any games currently NOT work with the G6Real???

6. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I guess there isn't any games not working. I thought Zelda wasn't, but I just found out you had to disable everything for it to work.

7. WeaponXxX
    OP

United States
    Good to know...I never enable any of that stuff anyway....I have had great luck on all my G6/M3 Carts running games without soft reset/trim/whatever....

(EEK just filled my G6Lite and G6REAL)

8. pieceofmind

Newcomer pieceofmind Member

United States

Believe it or not, those game icons were the deciding factor for me for purchasing
    G6 Real. Such a nice display of list of games, don't you think?

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and couldn't be any happier.
    If they could somehow come up with Gameboy Color emulator..

9. cman1783

Member cman1783 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have you heard of or tried Lameboy? It is a GB/GBC emulator with DLDI support. Current version is 0.8, in which the maker just added sound support. For just adding sound it's damn near perfect.

10. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I'd like to get a g6real as well, but I'm really waiting for the dldi support and the 2GB version, and then I'll definitely get one.
    I was waiting for a slot 1 solution for a long time now, I didn't really like any other option so far, the G6 looks really worth it.

11. YeeHaH

Newcomer YeeHaH Member

Australia
    i got my g6real 2 weeks ago and have thrown just about every rom at and it has been flawless with 100% of these games. Personally i cant reccommend this cart enough. all it needs now is the dldi auto ptching and this card will be the ultimate. cant wait to see another update. Mt sister has a wii, just exactly what can i do with the g6real on the wii? never heard of his before til now. best regards to all u out there and a huge thankyou to Bergunzo for the awesome skin. Hope to see some more skins soon... [​IMG]

12. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I know...I've been using my CycloDS the most because of this too. There's only two days left in June. I won't be surprised if the G6 Team doesn't get there new firmware out this month like they said they would.

But once that new firmware comes out, with the DLDI auto patcher, I think this is going to be my most used cart again. I love the menu, and it has some nice features that the CycloDS doesn't have. But then again, there are some features that the CycloDs has that the G6 Real doesn't...