Gaming I just got Dark Sector in the post ...

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
... and I cannot see what all the fuss is about.

Mediocre, over-the-shoulder, shooter/slasher. Very easy ... quite good visually ... nothing special, whatsoever.

What a shame ... glad I didn't actually pay money for it, and at least it's an original, so I can trade it in lol

Anyone else play this yet? If so, what did you think?

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This game was really hyped up and like many games did not live up to that hype but it's not that bad.

The Glaive is bad ass and the weapon system is pretty good with the ability to upgrade and buy more weapons ala RE4 (except you lose everything when you start a new game...what were they thinking?).

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I played and finished it last weekend , thought it was great. The glaive is great fun to play with , after touch is great just guiding it in to cut peoples heads off. Only thing I thought wrong with it was the ai can be a bit dumb sometimes and the controls can be a bit dodgy. Once you finish , you get brutal difficulty unlocked to make it a bit harder , but pretty much every single game that comes out these days is easy and holds your hand. Every time they bring something out with a bit of difficulty (ninja gaiden , shinobi , nightshade , ghouls and goblins (psp) ) , then people bitch and moan and the game normally gets points knocked off it's review score
huh.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've played only a couple times and haven't touched it since. Think I'll play it later maybe...but, yeah, it's generic. For the amount of time they spent on the game it should be a whole lot better.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I only got the game today (burnt) and so far have played the prologue and the first level and I really like it.
I know it's all been done before, and in some case done much better but it's still a fun game, great mechanic (Glaive), excellent graphics, story seems interesting so far.
For 4 years in development you'd expect something decent and so far it delivers for me. There are way too many shooters on 360 (I'm halfway through at least 8 different ones) and it's nice to see some variation in the formula.
I just got to work and hope to play a fair bit of it tonight (12hrs to play wut wut
ph34r.gif
)

If you guys are lookin for somethin else to play I reccomned Viking: Battle For Asgard. I finished it last night and it was a lot of fun.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Thug4L1f3 said:
If you guys are lookin for somethin else to play I reccomned Viking: Battle For Asgard. I finished it last night and it was a lot of fun.

u must be joking, that game is as bad as that terrible game conan, i would rather play this game i'm getting it for the ps3 hopefully for free if my 2 free 360 games arrives in time so i can trade them in.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
yep, i know what you mean, i try to restrict myself to a certain amount of games to play otherwise i won't complete them but most times i am playing 3-4 games at once lol

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A lot of games nowadays aren't worth completing, I feel.

There so much junk out there ... half-finished, mediocre, lacklustre junk.

I finished Chocobo's Dungeon on the Wii, this week ... I really enjoyed that ... and I'm enjoying Opoona, at the moment ... hopefully I'll get some joy out of GTA IV ... it would ne nice to, as it's been a while since anything on the PS3 or 360 has really jumped out at me ... the last being Lost Odyssey ... I sank about 73 hours into that.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Ah I guess thats the difference between us, I will finish every game I download. Maybe I'll switch between a few games but I'll still finish them all.
Conan was a great game btw jalaneme, shame you didn't see it through. Also Viking took me around 15 hours to finish, hardly short.

Oh and as for Dark Sector, I just finished the LONG chapter 4 lol and I still rate this as a great game, probably 8/10 so far.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thug4L1f3 said:
Ah I guess thats the difference between us, I will finish every game I download. Maybe I'll switch between a few games but I'll still finish them all.
Conan was a great game btw jalaneme, shame you didn't see it through. Also Viking took me around 15 hours to finish, hardly short.

Oh and as for Dark Sector, I just finished the LONG chapter 4 lol and I still rate this as a great game, probably 8/10 so far.
Conan was incredible towards the end. The last boss was so hard but once you beat him it was so satisfying.

I just finished the part in Dark Sector where you have to keep lighting all the torches while the zombies come after you. And then there is one of those huge mech things and the big mutant comes out and crushes it. Not sure what chapter it is? Even though the game is nothing new, it's definitely done well.

haha as for unfinished games...oh man...I have a pile of 'em but I will eventually finish 'em. I have Dark Messiah, Perfect Dark Zero
ohmy.gif
, Soldier of Fortune Payback and that's just the ones I can think of for the 360. hehe.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Hah thats chapter 4 and it's very awesome, the start of 5 was also sweet, don't wanna spoil it but I loved it lol. I haven't spent any cash yet either to get the 50K achievement and now I have it I'm looking forward to seeing the merchant. The new moves you get are great too, really picks up the play.
Just got to 6 and am leaving it now for tonight to watch a few movies.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The hype this game recieved caused me to be disappointed after I got my hands on it. The story mode was ok. I enjoyed playing through it even though there were a couple times I got lost. The glaive is really fun to murder with. Also, I read reviews saying that the game was lacking visually. WTF were they smokin??? This game looks freaking awesome.

Multiplayer is another story. Laggy, only 2 modes, just overall lame. My final rating: 7.5 outta 10

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beat it in 2 days.

But it was fun.

By the way, how do you chop heads off?
I'll guide the blade to the enemy's neck and he'll just reel backward.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus a lot of the times they just seemed half hearted attempts