I just got a Windows 10 laptop, what should I download?

Jwiz33

OP
Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried Project64 or PSX?
Oh right, n64! I'll get Project64 right now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, I haven't ever programmed in C before, so does anyone know exactly what I need to get to develop 3DS homebrew in C?
Sorry, I am a noob. :(
Also, I get a missing dll error when running Citra.

Reactions: Jack_Sparrow

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
because I think you want to download alot of stuff.
Get a good anti-virus & anti-malware for a start

benserwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Grab Ableton Live and make music, grab Dxtory and Adobe Premiere and make Youtube videos, grab GitHub and Python and start coding, oh and get Flux to save your eyeballs.

D

Deleted-236924

7zip
Bulk Rename Utility if you can have an use for this
CCleaner
Classic Shell, unless you like default UI
Clover
f.lux <-- heavily recommended
Sandboxie can be useful
SDFormatter if you have SD cards
TeraCopy
Windows 10 comes with Windows Defender, which is basically a renamed Microsoft Security Essentials. if you have some common sense it's most likely going to be enough.
Always good to have Windows Defender, then have mbam on the side for scanning, ADWCleaner just in case, HitmanPro (need paid version to remove threats but it can detect them regardless and show you them), Junkware Removal Tool, RogueKiller and USBfix.
If you don't download random crap all the time it's probably not really needed but doesn't hurt to run them every once in a while.
This should cover mostly anything you'd ever really need unless you really download random unsafe crap and get really bad viruses lol.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, well I have that too then. :)
So you're also @ihaveawindowsPC too? ;)
Never install more than 1 active scanner at the same time, they tend to interfere with each other and do more harm than good. If you have either Avast or Kapersky set up to scan only on demand, then that's fine, but don't let them both offer real-time protection at the same time. Windows Defender isn't an issue for this, as it disables itself when it detects you have any other passive virus scanner installed.
Also, for an easy way to install some useful programs on a new system, check out http://www.ninite.com.

And if you really want to waste space and/or like rhythm games, get the full Lunatic Rave 2 BMS package, it's a 50GB zip containing 70GB of songs :P

S

Saiyan Lusitano

because I think you want to download alot of stuff.
Get a good anti-virus & anti-malware for a start
For Windows users I highly recommend KIS, in fact it's the AV I've been using for years and it can be free for a lifetime depending on your bank if they offer it or not.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
From back when I still use Windows:
Malwarebytes Anti Malware
Chrome/FF
Steam if you need it
Dolphin/Desmume/PCSX2/higan
Deluge (Transmission is about to get Windows builds so use that)
Virtualbox
Qttabbar
ffmpeg
7zip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The ST version honestly looks like they at least tried lol