Hacking I just got a new Wii

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I want to downgrade again, but I need to know the steps to do this, in a good order.

Do I downgrade to 3.2u first asnd then use CIOSCORP? Or do I downgrade, download preloader, then do CIOSCORP.

Also, is there any brick potential I should know about? As I bricked my last one and am not fitting on brickin this one also.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everything you do on a wii with regards to hacking can potentially brick it.

You use everything at your own risk - i have a guide to getting downgrading , HBC and backuploader onto your wii, but i wont be doing a guide for cioscorp or backuploader due to the risks involved.

They are great , but people need to do that themselves.

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:

You use everything at your own risk - i have a guide to getting downgrading , HBC and backuploader onto your wii, but i wont be doing a guide for cioscorp or backuploader due to the risks involved.

Oh no, i know the risks. Im not dumb, I bricked it the last time with a inject that was supposed to work.

Anyways, I just want to know teh saftey steps to installing preloader and cioscorp, so I don't do something you're not supposed to do while installing.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
tbh mate CORP aint for everybody...but if your willing to take the risks ya should have over to the System Menu thread and get reading, will sink in alot better than someone spoonfeedin it to ya...

i've gone for Starfall and CORP myself, am waiting for cSM to be honest..

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Phratt said:
djtaz said:

Oh no, i know the risks. Im not dumb, I bricked it the last time with a inject that was supposed to work.

Anyways, I just want to know teh saftey steps to installing preloader and cioscorp, so I don't do something you're not supposed to do while installing.
Injected WAD? That's easy to fix with AnyTitle Remover.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i installed preloader and corrupted my system menu - semi brick , though preloader itself got me out of the mess. I got a new system32.wad and installed it and it sorted itself out.

They are programs to be careful of - any of the ones in my sig have proven themselves to be ok solid and working - so i wont go with anything else for now.

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jdbye said:
Phratt said:
djtaz said:

Injected WAD? That's easy to fix with AnyTitle Remover.

Accidently uninstalled TH though, so I couldn't get to it in starfall.

Anyways, I remember someone told me install one cIOS before the anything else to make sure it will work, but I forgot which cIOS it was. Does anyone know?

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
i installed preloader and corrupted my system menu - semi brick , though preloader itself got me out of the mess. I got a new system32.wad and installed it and it sorted itself out.

They are programs to be careful of - any of the ones in my sig have proven themselves to be ok solid and working - so i wont go with anything else for now.

but If im correct, that was cause you weren't on 3.2u right? If you were on 3.2u, then tell me cause I'll won't install it, lol.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If your old Wii is on 3.2 you can buy a ModChip and download or create and autoboot AnyTD then you can fix your problem.

for the steps on how to doing, there ain't no safe steps, that's why all te apps says: "do it at your own risk", but I would Downgrade to 3.2, install Starfall or Preloader, CIOSCORP at the end (cIOS30 the last one to install), but that is only me, if you do it like this and get bricked I'll be glad to know that I was wrong
laugh.gif

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
If your old Wii is on 3.2 you can buy a ModChip and download or create and autoboot AnyTD then you can fix your problem.

for the steps on how to doing, there ain't no safe steps, that's why all te apps says: "do it at your own risk", but I would Downgrade to 3.2, install Starfall or Preloader, CIOSCORP at the end (cIOS30 the last one to install), but that is only me, if you do it like this and get bricked I'll be glad to know that I was wrong
laugh.gif

Yeah, I was planning doing it in that order.

Oh, and if I install starfall, can I install preloader after? Does It overwrite starfall or something?

And I got a fulkl refund for my old wii, I don't have money like that to be just buying modchips and stuff, lol.

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I install starfall, and do CIOSCORP, would I still be able to load starfall?

I mean like, if something went wrong, could I still use it?

Or in Homebrew terms, what IOS does starfall run on, if any?

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for triple posting, but I just wanted to announce, that my Wii is officially cIOSCORP'd.

PM me if you want the files. There shouldn't be a problem if you have the right files and are in 3.2u.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's very sad and a poignant example of why preservation is so important.