I just found out my nephews 3DS I hacked for him stopped working so I need advice

rustyshakelford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Select and power worked! What do I do now? If I just need to update Luma, I already downloaded the 2 boot files I just need to know where to put them on my SD card.

rustyshakelford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, if you see the "disable Arm11 exeption" checked there deselect it.
It looks like this (x) Is the X a check mark? Do I click on that and then power down and put the SD card in my comp and update luma? I don't see those boot files in the root of my SD card but I do do that.

rustyshakelford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deselect it, that's why the screen is black everytime you boot it up, it's the Arm11 error you're dealing with, and that setting just hides the said error.
Okay cool I did and now I hit save correct? Am I then powering down the system and updating Luma on my comp?

rustyshakelford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The top screen says: An exception occurred
Processor: Arm11 (core 1)
Exception type: undefined instruction
Current process: pm and then lots of zeros.

Then a bunch of other numbers and then it says press A to save the crash dump
Press any other button to shutdown.

Bottom screen
Stack dump: OFFFFFFc8 and lots of numbers and lots of OFFFFFD0 etc

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The top screen says: An exception occurred
Processor: Arm11 (core 1)
Exception type: undefined instruction
Current process: pm and then lots of zeros.

Then a bunch of other numbers and then it says press A to save the crash dump
Press any other button to shutdown.

Bottom screen
Stack dump: OFFFFFFc8 and lots of numbers and lots of OFFFFFD0 etc
Yep, that's the one. Turn it off, remove the sdcard put the Luma3DS files in it, then plug it back and boot it up.

rustyshakelford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting an error on my laptop with windows 11 but I can see all the files and go to them but can't get to the root of my SD card. I am trying my other laptop with windows 10 but it's really slow so I am working on it.

rustyshakelford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so now the top screen says Luma 3DS v10.2.1 configuration PRess A to select, start to save and then a list of stuff. What do I click on? I don't have to worry about it right I can just hit start? This a good vid to follow?

Seems like he is saying what you all are.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay so now the top screen says Luma 3DS v10.2.1 configuration PRess A to select, start to save and then a list of stuff. What do I click on? I don't have to worry about it right I can just hit start? This a good vid to follow?

Seems like he is saying what you all are.

Just enable "Show NAND or user string in system settings" and press start, everything else should normally be disabled.

Reactions: rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just enable "Show NAND or user string in system settings" and press start, everything else should normally be disabled.
I did that. After about 1 min it popped up! Thank you all again so much! Will it take this long from now on to boot up? I will power down and see. I might as well update my personal 3DS with the latest luma while I'm here. I am so glad it was an easy fix. If he accidentally updates the firmware again, will the same thing happen? Games are still safe to update though right? I changed the time and date and again, it took about 1 min to get back to the main menu. How can I fix this?

Last edited by rustyshakelford,

rustyshakelford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it happen more than one time? And it sounds like there's a problem with the sdcard? Are you willing to troubleshoot it?
Yes I am willing to troubleshoot and it took 1 min after putting in the new luma and another min after changing the settings. I went into FBI and out again and it was really quick. I will power down now and see what happens.

*EDIT* Stopwatch says 49.58 to boot up after powered down.

I did remember something about a fasterbooter when I was doing this years ago but not sure if I installed it or if it worked right or made that much of a difference.

Last edited by rustyshakelford,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse