Hacking I just found my old 3DS on 7.1.0-12E. What now?

Serawa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, everyone. I have already been on this site ages ago - I have no idea of my old username and e-mail, though, so I am using a brand-new account.

I have just found this dusty original 3DS and I'd like to get into the 3DS hacking scene. Right now, the system version is 7.1.0-12E. I have read the general hacking FAQ and it seems like there is a custom firmware for 9.2 and ways to downgrade for 10.x>. I still haven't found anything about older versions like the one I have. Where do I have to start if I want to install a custom firmware?

So far, I have found this:

Is this a good starting point? Let me now.

Thanks, everyone! :)

Last edited by Serawa,

DiegitusXD

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you need a game that update your 3ds to 9.2 (SSB 3DS) and then you can do all that stuff :D, I think is like that...:unsure:

Serawa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Follow this first, then This, then from this part to the last part

You will end up with A9LH on 11.0 :3
Perfect. So far I have completed the first part and I've managed to update my console to 9.2.0-20E. Thanks a lot, I will update this message when I reach the last part. Hopefully, my 3DS won't brick. ;)

Serawa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, I'm now at Part 4, Section III (NAND Backups). Everything is going well and exactly as it appears in the guide. I'm posting because I have just found a little difference, and wanted a confirm that everything is still fine.

• Backup EmuNAND to emuNAND_original.bin (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  • Backup SysNAND to sysNAND_original.bin
The option to call the backups "*_original.bin" isn't there, therefore I chose to call them "NAND_*.bin". Hopefully, when I will have to restore the backups, it will still work.

I know I'm being way too much careful, but I really don't want to brick my console. :ha:

Last edited by Serawa,

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, I'm now at Part 4, Section III (NAND Backups). Everything is going well and exactly as it appears in the guide. I'm posting because I have just found a little difference, and wanted a confirm that everything is still fine.

The option to call the backups "*_original.bin" isn't there, therefore I chose to call them "NAND_*.bin". Hopefully, when I will have to restore the backups, it will still work.

I know I'm being way too much careful, but I really don't want to brick my console. :ha:

The name doesn't matter to the system, it's just for your administration that you know it's your original nand. On the computer you can rename it to_original if you really want to. It's a good thing you're careful ;)

Reactions: Serawa

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7.X is incompatible with 2.5.2.

Follow this instead otherwise you'll get stuck.

A person with 7.x was successfully able to update to 9.2. I have opened a ticket for this being an error in the guide.

Have you personally tried 7.x to see if it is incompatible?

(At any rate, he should try it. Either it will work or it won't.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Perfect. So far I have completed the first part and I've managed to update my console to 9.2.0-20E. Thanks a lot, I will update this message when I reach the last part. Hopefully, my 3DS won't brick. ;)

Did you use rxtools to update it? If so, which rxtools did you use?

Serawa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, everyone, I have completed the guide and I must say I am amazed. Everything works perfectly.
My 3DS is now running A9LH on 11.0.0-33E, which should be the latest version. I can boot to specific utilities and I have the Homebrew Launcher, FBI and everything else on my home page.

If anyone else is in my same situation, I strongly suggest you to do the following:
Follow this first, then This, then from this part to the last part
Hopefully, in the future, people will develop a tool which automates the process. Yesterday, it took me between 4 and 5 hours.

2.5.2. Worked like a charm.

Once again, thanks everyone for your support!

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Okay, everyone, I have completed the guide and I must say I am amazed. Everything works perfectly.
My 3DS is now running A9LH on 11.0.0-33E, which should be the latest version. I can boot to specific utilities and I have the Homebrew Launcher, FBI and everything else on my home page.

If anyone else is in my same situation, I strongly suggest you to do the following:

Hopefully, in the future, people will develop a tool which automates the process. Yesterday, it took me between 4 and 5 hours.

2.5.2. Worked like a charm.

Once again, thanks everyone for your support!
It could be better, but it's not worth the risk. The guide is as good as it can get until someone finds an exploit that could make it better...

I always recommend rxTools 2.5.2 cause its easier to launch than 3.0 and it has less stuff compared to 3.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr