CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're idiots! Idiots, i tell you!

They just SIT THERE, allowing people to download games directly from their servers, for free! They leave exploits open and don't patch them, and they don't remove any form of piracy at all!

People are totally okay to hack and play unsigned code, which harms you enough, but NOTHING to do with pirating games! Why do people even do that! It's so horrible! Nintendo should ban all pirates.

- SALT team

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
The problem is that they do so dumb mistakes in their security. For example a9lh with that hash mistake in firm0/firm1 or the open otp up to 3.0... Those are the minor things that are allowing Hacks. And that's good :3

Posted with my LG G5 using Tapatalk
Well they never knew that was gonna be exploitable :)

Reactions: Deleted User

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
To be fair, 11.0 was a big slap in the face to homebrew users. Although it doesn't explain why the minimal title version wasn't implemented earlier, or why Nintendo haven't developed a new nfirm from the ground up to patch the hardmod exploits. I mean, downgrading has been around for a while, why is it now that nintendos like "shit gotta fix this for good" and they still didn't patch the hardmod way. You'd think they'd have developed a new nfirm by now to patch the hard mods.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as how the 3DS has cracked wide open, to the point where every man, woman, and child have al9h on their 3DS, it's kind of disheartening. All the potential for piracy will end up hurting niche publish---oh shoot this is the EOF what am I doing. ABORT POST
You just made me feel bad for pirating. Thats the first time anyone has ever made me feel bad for pi--- nevermind. Guilt over.

Reactions: Chary

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, I don't think this is a huge issue, nor do I think it hurts publishers all that much. First of all, at GBAtemp the sample size of people doing these things is average; I'm sure that if you were to question all 3DS owners then it would be less than 1% who have ever even pirated a 3DS game. Secondly, any publisher worth their salt knows that only first party games sell on Nintendo consoles, and that their time is better spent developing for another system.

But since EOF:

tumblr_m06fbwEDRD1qm3n0ao1_500.jpg

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Secondly, any publisher worth their salt knows that only first party games sell on Nintendo consoles, and that their time is better spent developing for another system.
I think indie developed games sell reasonably fine, at least compared to third-party big name games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: