I just can't get Fatal Fram 4 to load... please help!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by slapaham, May 20, 2009.

1. slapaham
    OP

slapaham Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2009
    Apologises... as I'm sure this kind of thing has been asked a million times before but I'm genuinely stumped (and new to this) and have done as much research as I could...

I'm trying to get Fatal Frame 4 to load on my chipped (D2CKey) PAL Wii console... but I just can't get it to work... I have tried WiiBrickBlocker and then RegionFrii (which is suggesting the iso has already been patched to PAL)... I read somewhere that I needed Gecko to change the video mode but when I downloaded that, I couldn't figure out how to use it...

The game loads as I'm burning it but I get a black screen and have to restart the Wii as it is...

Could anyone be kind enough to put what I need to do in a step by step breakdown... would really appreciate it! I'm assuming all I really need to do is change the video mode to 50Hz? Also, could anyone suggest such a program that would do this (if that is, where in fact, the problem lies) that is fairly simple to use...

Cheers!

2. seitetsu

seitetsu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    i'm having the same problem with Punchout on my ntsc/j console. I think the only solution we may have is to change our actual region to the region of the game using Anyregionchanger. It is kinda the last solution I can think of. The only reason for this I can think of is that the game doesn't actually have the capability to play on other regions. Similar to how pal games work on NTSC/J consoles....

I'm doing this now, so i'll let you know how it goes...

3. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    One simple step set Language to japanese [​IMG] and since i have a PAL Wii i need to set AutoPatch otherwise it only runs in b/w.

4. slapaham
    OP

slapaham Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2009
    Cheers guys...

However, as this is a newly purchased Wii, I haven't got the ability to change the region as I haven't got the homebrew channel... and to be honest, I would rather avoid that option unless necessary...

As for changing the language to Japanese... I wish that worked but the PAL system only has a choice of around 6 European languages (seems a little stingey to me!)

Anyway, if anyone else has any other suggestions, I'm all ears...

I have heard it is possible by just patching and burning the disc in a certain way... just not sure what that way is yet!

5. slapaham
    OP

slapaham Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2009
    Well, I've now got Gecko OS 1.9 up and running via a SD using the BannerBoom exploit... but I'm new to it... according to the Compatibility list Fatal Frame 4 should run via Gecko OS... however, everytime I try it, it fails... has anyone got it to work via this set-up? If so, how?

6. seitetsu

seitetsu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Read my post on getting punchout to work, you`re gonna have to temporarily change your region codes to get it to work. As far as I can tell, this is the only way to get NTSC/J games playing on PAL and vice versa....

I don`t think i`m wrong on this being as I`ve tried every other method there is to try, but if anyone else can provide insight, please do so. Alternatively it looks like Fatal Frame 4 is gonna get a euro release sometime this year...