PS1/2 I just bought FFXIII!!

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
madridi4ever said:

well i might go into ebgames today and see if they will give me my collectors edition since they said they get the shipment today

also is there a choice for voice acting?

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
sad face i really disliked the english actors in the other final fantasy games, i hope they do a better job on this

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
well i only finished 2 chapters so far, but i can clearly see words that are not in sync with the lips.
It's good enough, but they could've done a better job to be honest.

The system of the game rocks, I feel its like a combination of previous final fantasies.
dont wanna post anymore in case I spoil something for someone.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
It's.. different..
But its "good" different imho
I just finished chapter 5, the storyline is great, graphics and battle system are awesome as well.
The battle system reminds me of FFX-2
Leveling up is similar to the grid in FFX

There are just a few things that i somewhat hate in comparison to older versions
- No towns to visit
- Subsequently, no shops (You can access shops from the save portal, thats it)
- Treasure are found in this.. stupid sphere thingy floating in the air. I wish the left it as treasure chests
- You can only control one character, you only guide the others to make them do something. Example: If a set one of the other to a medic, he will be healing us while I keep hitting.
Thats what I have so far =)

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
- No towns to visit
- there are towns in the game. it is just not in the sense that we are used to. they are there for astetics, you just can not get anything out of them and you do not linger in them and have to explore every inch of them to progress like previous rpgs.
- Subsequently, no shops (You can access shops from the save portal, thats it)
- shops in the portal grow as the game progresses so at chapter 5 you might only have 4 - 5 stores as i remember, but later on you get more. i think i have about 13 stores where i can buy various items from.
- Treasure are found in this.. stupid sphere thingy floating in the air. I wish the left it as treasure chests
- the treasure balls are not too bad. you are just nit picking.
- You can only control one character, you only guide the others to make them do something. Example: If a set one of the other to a medic, he will be healing us while I keep hitting.
- half the time you just auto battle in battle. so do not see the difference controlling one character to all the characters. if all you are going to do is just that. plus the battle system is too fast for you to properly input commands for everyone. you will see this once you get to the harder enemies. you might have noticed that when you do a optima change, all your characters have a full ATB most times. well. with the battle system the way it is and if you had full control over all your characters in battle, your characters will stand there while and the enemies have their way with them as you input their commands. there have been times i have chanced to attacker-healer-healer and they have saved me from certain death. so it is better for this battle system to concentrate on one person.

i have finished this game. it is the first one i have finished since 7. but i am in the post game. and most other games i hate grinding, yet for some reason i can grind the same enemy for 6 hours straight and still not get bored. i still have a long way to go with my game. i have only gotten one weapon to its highest form. and i have 30 more to do. but Gil is so hard to come by in this game. i have to upgrade the enemy i fight to upgrade my weapons.

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i've been playing this non-stop almost since I got it early.
I'm at the end of chapter 9 or 10 (Whichever one has the whole party together finally)
It's linear so far, as has been said, but for a damn good reason, the story is moving at a good clip, they're introducing mechanics, making you play EVERY character for a little while so you get a very strong feeling for each of their strengths and weaknesses. Unlike other FF's where I have a tendency to stick to the same basic people, with this I'm actually considering what they bring to the table.

The battles are all frenetic, and if you just spam auto-battle you're going to either a) get your ass kicked later game or b) succeed but like 2-3 star every fight. buffing/debuffing is a king strategy in this game and the key to fighting battles and winning them fast. Controlling one character and a good shift of classes during a battle will have you beating the at a fast clip and it's a hell of a rush. This is literally the first FF where skill seems to play a part. I hope later battles don't change that.

I like most of the voice acting except Vanille, jesus I wish she'd pick an accent and stick to it, everyone else fits. Treasure chests in rpg's always seem to shift, it's almost a non-issue.

Edit- Also keep note Auto Battle doesn't pick the best options, it may target weaknesses but that's about it, for example, Sazh auto-battle in buff class will still only use one buff at a time, despite having the ATB gauge large enough to cast a second buff. Or Commando will use a bunch of weak single skills rather than some more heavy hitting ones. It's almost always to your advantage to input commands, unless it's an easy regular battle (and even then sometimes it just kills them quicker)

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought it yesterday and I'm in chapter 2 now and so far I like it. It's seems to be a cross between FF10 and 12.

Btw, shouldn't there be some sort of board like in FF10 where you upgrade your characters? So far I haven't encountered anything like that.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
SpaceJump said:
I bought it yesterday and I'm in chapter 2 now and so far I like it. It's seems to be a cross between FF10 and 12.

Btw, shouldn't there be some sort of board like in FF10 where you upgrade your characters? So far I haven't encountered anything like that.

Yeah there will be an option called Crystarium when you access the menu.
I dont remember when you will be getting it. I think it's somewhere around chapter 3

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it tonight. This is the first game I've ever gone to the midnight launch for. I got off work at 11pm so it wasn't much of a stretch, I just couldn't wait till the morning to play. Only played a few hours in, but I love it so far. The battl system is quick and easy, doesn't seem as much of a chore as in past games.

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just got it in the mail an hour ago
tongue.gif

but sadly enough i won't have time to play next couple of days
frown.gif

but when i do have enough time i'm going all down on it
tongue.gif

if its any good of course..

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
madridi4ever said:
SpaceJump said:

Yeah there will be an option called Crystarium when you access the menu.
I dont remember when you will be getting it. I think it's somewhere around chapter 3

you get it in the beginning of chapter 3. but you get so little crystal points that it is not worth upgrading your crystals straight away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D