I just bought a PS4 Pro running System Software 5.01

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a PS4 Pro running System Software 5.01 with the intention of jailbreaking it. I am a complete PS4 hacking newbie. I am seeking some advice before I start the hack. Is there any advantage to be staying on a low firmware such as 5.01. Is there another higher up firmware version that is better for jailbreaking? What is the "Golden" firmware version for the PS4? For example, a few years ago the Golden firmware version for the PS Vita was 3.60. I heard of the recent jailbreaking method for firmware 9.0. Should I update to firmware 9.0 and apply the jailbreak?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best firmware is 5.05, anything higher should go directly to 9.00.
But will all games up to 9.00 be able to be back ported to 5.05?
or do the newer games rely on new syscalls that are not on 5.05?
I am on 4.55 and haven't touched the thing or been following the scene in a while
I set up a USB stick for the 9.00 exploit but not sure if I should update or not
also is apps2usb still needed or can I just add an external USB drive and install fpgk files to it natively without it?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, the games and patches will likely be backported for people who don't want to update.
so it is possible for all latest titles, also I have been hearing people say well since 9.00 is out more people will update and there will not be a need for backports so we might not see backports or they will take a while to show up

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just have to give them time. I'm not the person with access to these games. someone would have to dump them on 9.00, which is going to happen, then someone else would need to backport them which is also likely.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just have to give them time. I'm not the person with access to these games. someone would have to dump them on 9.00, which is going to happen, then someone else would need to backport them which is also likely.
oh yeah I am not in any rush to get new games I have a HUGE backlog catalog
I am just contemplating weather or or not I should update to 9.00 when my system is very low and has not been touched

Reactions: godreborn

Tomtani1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best firmware is 5.05, anything higher should go directly to 9.00.
I fully agree with you that firmware 5.05 is the best version to homebrew. However, I am now leaning heavily toward updating to version 9.0 to jailbreak. The reason is so that I do not have to worry about backporting. I have also been reading that version 9.0 is quite stable.
This situation is similar to people running SXOS on the Switch being stuck on firmware 11 and having to apply the patches. Eventually newer games cannot be patched.
It is ashame that I have a firmware 5.01 console and updating it to 9.0. When I bought my PS4 Pro a few days ago, I was just hoping for a firmware 9.0 or lower when I first powered it on when I got home.
I will wait a few more weeks to monitor how well the firmware 9.0 jailbreaking is working before I proceed.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday