I just bought a hacked WiiU - I Need some guidance

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by soniccomcisbr, Aug 9, 2017.

1. soniccomcisbr
    OP

soniccomcisbr GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    Here some information
    System is 5.5.1
    Many games installed on an external HD (haxchi was used according to the SD card.)
    vWii have the homebrew channel instaled, however, I tried to use the HD I was using on my old wii and it not worked, however, the old wii sd card worked.

My main questions are:
    1. How to use my old wii HD on it.
    2. What tutorial should I follow at this point to install more games? I want to install the uncensored versions of games too.

2. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    You cannot transfer hard drives between Wii's unless you used Loadiine. If you used the Brazilian/legit WUP method then you have to copy the games to another hard drive.

Use the Brazilian WUP tutorial which is never more than 2 pages deep, but more than likely stickied in this forum. If you legit search for it and cannot find it, post back here. You need to be able to learn to search before anyone will help you, otherwise you'll just end up bricking/breaking your Wii U or corrupting your hard drive. If you want to use Loadiine, follow the guide in the stickied Loadiine thread to install games. or simply use Wii U USB Helper. Once again, search. Most of your answers are within 2 pages on this subforum or under the "Homebrew".

EDIT; just realized you meant vWii on Wii U using and old (assuming?) WBFS Wii drive. I'm sure it has to do with the way it's formatted or folder structure or as someone posted down below the Y cable for drawing enough power? If I may recall you can't have multiple drives plugged either. I haven't used the vWii Mod before, so I'm sorry about my earlier reply where I may have misunderstood your question. I hope someone helps, good luck.

Last edited by kornychaos, Aug 9, 2017
  3. soniccomcisbr
    OP

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    Yeah, I'm just a kind of lost because it's have many things installed on it.

4. dronesplitter

dronesplitter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    The old drive may not work if you aren't using a y-cable for Wii U.

5. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    If you are talking about using your old wii's hard drive with the games for wii on it, you can still use it on the vwii side, just run the vwii, providing it is hacked and run your usb loader of choice, your games should show up on your loader, if this isnt what you are talking about disregard what i said.

6. soniccomcisbr
    OP

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    I just tried with Wiiflow and USB Loader GX. USB loader show me the games, I started loading New Super MArio Bros. Wii and the systemfreeze after I slect 1 player mode. Wiiflow the program dont even started. If I use only in SD mode it loads only the homebrews from the SD

7. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    you might want to run syscheck and make sure the cios's are installed correctly

8. soniccomcisbr
    OP

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    I though this and/or Pimp My Wii, but I don't know if the same things from the old wii will works good for my WiiU

9. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    I believe syscheck gx has a vwii version, i never used pimp, so im not sure about it

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    try this for syscheck: System Checker HacksDen Edition . you'll have to search for it, but it works on the virtual wii as well.

11. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    Just make sure to install the vWii Wii U cIOS or you will brick your vWii.

12. soniccomcisbr
    OP

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    vWii cios installed. Emulators are working, but new Super Mario Bros. Wii no.
    Also, on WiiU menu, Homebrew Launcher is installed, but returns me an error 199-9999
    The installed WiiU games, however are working good.

13. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    your wii u might have updated to the latest firmware, does it say 5.5.1 or 5.5.2?

14. soniccomcisbr
    OP

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil

15. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    is there haxchi or cbhc, if not you have to use the browser hack

16. soniccomcisbr
    OP

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    I dont know because I just bought it, everything I have here was installed by the previous owner. On his sd card folders there is a haxchi and Loadiine folder.

17. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I suggest you follow this guide thoroughly>https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/ the vwii side on the wiiu is a bit different with files etc.. from the actual original wii setup. Also using back up managers as well there are channels mainly used just for wiiu/vwii.

Last edited by Reecey, Aug 9, 2017
  18. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    check to see if there is a strange looking ds vc game called DO NOT TOUCH!!!

Also if you have CBHC you will see a black dev screen saying autoloading when you turn on your system

Last edited by wicksand420, Aug 9, 2017
  19. soniccomcisbr
    OP

Jul 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Fortaleza, Brazil
    They are not there

20. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    I cant see why else you would have the homebrew loader on the wii u home menu, did it come with an sd card?