Hacking I just bought a Gateway. Can't get refund because it doesn't work with the New 3DS.

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Believe me when gateway works on the new 3ds soon then your friends who bought sky3ds will regret it

I would take Adeka's advice.. Honestly man just save yourself the headache and just be patient. Gateway is a superior card imo and sky3ds might not even work with future firmware updates. I know your buddies are all rocking their new 3ds's right now but gateway might release support before you even get the sky3ds you order. I've been using gateway on my old 3ds xl for a long while and been supper happy.. i bought a n3ds a couple days ago and i'm sticking by gateway even if i have to wait a bit.

Reactions: Adeka

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I contacted *siteremoved* before buying my Gateway and was told it would work on a new 3DS.

I got it, and it does not. Both of my friends bought a Sky3DS and are playing Smash Bros right now. I can't, since the Gateway is a paperweight for the New 3DS, and *siteremoved* lied about it working for the New 3DS.

I contacted them again and this time they told me there is no guarantee that it will ever work for the New 3DS, and they will not give me a refund since it was my mistake.
This is stupid. I even sent them the e-mail I got from them earlier and was told that the other rep thought I was talking about a new Old 3DS.

Can they pull this nonsense with me? Anyone have any idea on how to get my money back, or at least pay a bit more and have them send me a Sky3DS?

Thank you, sorry for the ranty post, I just don't want to throw away $70.

Edit: Removing site. Don't want to get in any trouble. Never thought about it that way.
It WILL work for the n3DS. It just doesn't right now. But if you are patient enough to wait a few days, they will release the update. Don't worry about it :)
GW is a much better cart than the Sky3DS, it offers so many features the Sky3DS never will and they add new features all the time, like recently when they added 9.2 support and downgrading. Sky3DS can be easily patched as confirmed by several known 3DS hackers (it doesn't respond to every cart command so it doesn't emulate an original cart 100%), and since it has no emuNAND, once it gets patched you are stuck on old firmware. For that reason alone, I prefer the GW which lets me run the newest firmware within a couple of days after an update is released :)
The only possible reasons they haven't patched it yet is because they are worried about blocking some legitimate carts, or they already have the checks in place and are simply logging flashcart usage so they can ban you from online.

PeepersCreepers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but go with Craigslist first.

THANK YOU! I just sold my Gateway for $75 and a copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby.
We met at a gas station next to my house and everything went by without a hitch.

Ordered my SKy3DS just now while playing Pokemon. Weeewt!

Lol I am seriously considering ordering more Gateway cards and trading them on craigslist.
Can't believe I never really used the site before.

Thanks again for the suggestion TehLexinator!

Now I actually have something to play while I wait for my Sky3DS to show up.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We met at a gas station next to my house and everything went by without a hitch.

Lol I am seriously considering ordering more Gateway cards and trading them on craigslist.

That's a hell of a deal indeed.

Reactions: PeepersCreepers

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'd say that was a pretty good trade. Only thing you'll have to do is cross your fingers and hope your Sky3DS support holds up.

PeepersCreepers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a hell of a deal indeed.
I'd say that was a pretty good trade. Only thing you'll have to do is cross your fingers and hope your Sky3DS support holds up.

Hope so. Even if it doesn't, I am sure I can trade it for something worthwile on craigslist.

Just put my old hacked Wii up on there and already have 3 good offers.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'dem gangsta flashcart robbers!

Chinese mafia perhaps?
Triad.

And since you can afford a pistol of some sort, here's a novel idea BUY a retail copy of smash bros and WAIT for gateway3ds support and/or buy a sky3ds to go with the gateway...

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope so. Even if it doesn't, I am sure I can trade it for something worthwile on craigslist.

Just put my old hacked Wii up on there and already have 3 good offers.
Lol, I personally want to keep my old Wii, even though I have my WiiU. I've spent a lot of time getting all the softmods on it right and I really don't want to start over on that. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right :P ? Seriously though, I hope you (and everyone else) has luck with their flashcarts, regardless of brand. I'm holding out a bit longer before I buy one to see how things play out over the next month or two.

Reactions: Margen67

PeepersCreepers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I personally want to keep my old Wii, even though I have my WiiU. I've spent a lot of time getting all the softmods on it right and I really don't want to start over on that. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right :P ? Seriously though, I hope you (and everyone else) has luck with their flashcarts, regardless of brand. I'm holding out a bit longer before I buy one to see how things play out over the next month or two.

Man, I have a $345 offer on craigslist for my hacked Wii + 500 GB hard drive. Going to wait a few more hours before I say yes. I mean hell, why not? I can always get another one from ebay for less.
Craigslist is the best site ever!

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I have a $345 offer on craigslist for my hacked Wii + 500 GB hard drive. Going to wait a few more hours before I say yes. I mean hell, why not? I can always get another one from ebay for less.

Heh, sounds like quite a hustle. Even if all you did was buy used Wiis, hack them and bundle them with a small SD card and HDD, you could probably make $100 in profit a console, easy. The thing with mine is that it's my personal one, I really have no need or desire to get rid of it.

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You are most welcome. Glad to see that everything has worked out
Best wishes,

Lex.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wherever you live is inhabited by desperate idiots. I was balking at paying $180 for a brand new wii and so picked up a wii u deluxe which effectively allows me the same, granted it wasn't packed with wares and I'm having to do it myself, but still...

PeepersCreepers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wherever you live is inhabited by desperate idiots. I was balking at paying $180 for a brand new wii and so picked up a wii u deluxe which effectively allows me the same, granted it wasn't packed with wares and I'm having to do it myself, but still...

Lol living in back asswards Wisconsin hick country can be a boon sometime.
Just sold my hacked Wii and HD for $400.

Going to buy a Wii U now, and I will still have money left over.
I heart craigslist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1