Gaming I just beat Breath of the Wild, what do you guys think about it?

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I think it was great honestly. It was an amazing game to play. I'd give it 10/10 but I feel like the plot was really weak and repetitive. The mission where you have to subdue all four of the legendary creatures just copy and pasted the same concept over and over again, just tweaking it a bit to fit the setting.
It's definitely my favorite Zelda game though and the lame plot doesn't detract from the overall experience too much.
8.5/10, maybe 9/10

Last edited by Seliph,

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Not really the place for you to post this. There is a "Games & Content" forum for this.
Ah geez, I'm so used to putting my stuff in the hacking forum.
My bad

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey can a mod move this to the games and content forum I accidentally put this in the wrong place

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bored of it already tbh, got 120 korok seeds and 80ish shrines, bored of killing shit over and over, kinda wish there were more games already... Fucking Nintendo...

whoa, thats a lot of play time though (maybe 100+hrs). i beat it but didnt complete any of the story. Its an incredible game. What amazes me is that they really catered to the stealth side of it. I snuck my way all the way to the top of hyrule castle without fighting anyone yet there were still things i was able to collect with very minimal fights

Reactions: swabbo

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
whoa, thats a lot of play time though (maybe 100+hrs). i beat it but didnt complete any of the story. Its an incredible game. What amazes me is that they really catered to the stealth side of it. I snuck my way all the way to the top of hyrule castle without fighting anyone yet there were still things i was able to collect with very minimal fights

Gotta love Powersaves for Amiibo ;)

Attachments

• 17240330_10210132954054848_2450079952361582875_o.jpg
    17240330_10210132954054848_2450079952361582875_o.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 542
Reactions: leerpsp

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
at first it was fun , after completing it , the cons just started to appear, like why do any of the side-quests matter if there is no reward in competing them , in the old zelda games we could get different cool items by doing side quests, maybe heart pieces and whatnot, in BOTW, they just make no sense , they have no purpose, some folks will give you rupees , some won't give a thing , they're just boring....

I also hated the shrines, know why ? its not because they contain puzzles or whatnot, its because every mystery that is in the game ends up with a shrine, it ruins the sense of discovery, weird looking island ? i wonder what's in there , a shrine! have to solve a wind puzzle, i wonder what there is to to discover , a shrine! you have to get the scale of a mythical beast and throw it in water , i wonder what i'm gonna discover... ITS A SHRINE!!! and the rewards of completing them are always the same , its repetitive , yes you could get some cool weapons.. but what is the point if they break so damn easily ?

Reactions: kumikochan

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing it slowly with my 7 year old nephew (after he gets off school/I'm off work) it's amazing how much depth there is to this game. I can easily see investing 100+ hours into it to complete all the sidequests, get all the gear, etc. Maybe even twice that time.

Also don't sweat it about posting in the wrong forum, the mods will almost certainly move the thread, not delete it.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've really enjoyed playing it with my 13 year old. He's a huge Zelda fan and he's in love with OoT. (Even though it came out before he was born).

My thoughts on BotW:

Is it okay to say I'm a bit disappointed? My boy is a bit bummed out that after playing every day for a month we can now face Gannon. It's been special for us to have this time together. I was hoping that there would be more to the main quest than just...

...Taking control of 4 divine beasts (dungeons I guess) and then fighting Gannon.

Maybe I'm a purist. I was excited for this new one because I guess I assumed I'd be playing it for months before solving main quest.

I know they moved away from traditional formulaic Zelda. Maybe that wasn't the best move. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Expand upon it. Make your new world big and vast but keep the tried and true methods of dungeons and special weapons/tools.

Just my recent thoughts

Last edited by Kafluke,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Funny I just beat it yesterday also. :P
I have all armor and all shrines done by now, because I wanted to get to Ganon my first time with the classic green tunic (-of the Wild Armor set) and with the Master Sword and Hylian Shield :) Gotta beat that fucker with style.

All that's left is completing the side quests and finding those fucking Korok Seeds, of which I only have 94 out of 900 :/
I am really having second thoughts on the Korok seeds, they are pretty annoying to complete to be honest.

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm at 52 Shrines Cleared, about 65 Shrines Unlocked, 50 Korok Seeds, and all divine beasts and Ganon are cleared.

Overall I haven't had this much fun with a game since I was a child, only complaint is the awful lag in Korok Forest.
I rate the game at about a 9.5/10, it'd be a 9.9/10 for me if there was no technical issues.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I really liked it, it was definitely worth the wait. I 100%ed the game and enjoyed it, but it's definitely not the best Zelda game out there. I for one was very disappointed with the main dungeons, they were easy as fuck.

Not to mention the fight with Ganon was really easy. Considering that this game was meant to be hard from the get-go, I'm surprised that the final boss would be such a pushover.
Also, was it just me, or is the ending kinda meh?

D

Deleted-401606

I enjoyed it but it isn't my favorite of all time. I would probably give it an 8/10,In my eyes it can't compete with Ocarina. That game was simply amazing.

Deacantis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a cool play through, I'm not sure if there's multiple endings or not, if there aren't, I hate the ending. I haven't played any Zelda games before, just found out the guy is actually called Link (whodathunk?)... So I can't contribute onto the fact of if it's stacked up well or not against the earlier versions. The side quests are random and a small few (the ones you don't think will give you gear) probably will give you gear. The game's very repetitive after playing it (which is to be expected after playing an open world game such as Skyrim/Fallout/Ect) and I was expecting to spend a LOT more time in the game before beating Gannon, which sadly I just beat him yesterday.

So it's a great game but the breaking weapons is obnoxious. I have my first 10 weapon slots filled with different weapons I don't use because they look awesome and I don't want to lose them lol... Over-all, probably will give it a 7.5-8/10. It lagged hard on the Switch unsurprisingly. The worst lag I noticed is when knocking a Moblin off of his legs. Game stopping 0-1 FPS output. WOW unimpressed. If it didn't lag just about everywhere there's trees, it would've gotten a higher score from me, and if it took a little longer than 50 hours of playing to beat Gannon, would've gone up as well.

I'm still waiting for a Monster Hunter... I can spend years in those games. Haven't played a good portable one since MHP3rd on the PSP. I just can't even imagine the possibility for Capcom when they release a MH for Switch.

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far my experience with breath of the wild has been great, I like everyone have a few gripes here and there but none too harsh to detract from the gameplay too much, if you went in to fight Ganon after completing the dungeons and all the shrines, having every piece of armor except the amiibo sets and 200 korok seeds worth of inventory space the final fight (like all of the dungeon bosses except the thunderblight ganon, which was kinda challenging) was super underwhelming.

I mean I could have gone in with the master sword alone and any random shield (though i used the hylian shield, cause why the fuck not it looks dope) and not have to do anything whatsoever to beat Ganon. I had like 600 apples just chilling so any damage i took could easily be remedied without having to waste cooked meals, I think there was only 1 attack I couldn't dodge or block and the main attack the first part of the boss fight against Ganon that was used against me was the equivalent to that of a guardians laser. Which since the beginning of the game I have mastered the Perfect Parry to the point that I could walk around naked and no guardian could touch me......

So basically you bitch slap the laser back at Ganon and then slash him up. The master sword doesnt break against Ganon or any of the Ganon Blights so you never have to change weapons if you don't want to, and if you master the perfect parry, your shield wont break during the fight. But do not get me started on the final part of the fight..... I don't want to say much in the case someone hasn't beaten the game just yet, but you basically become what the game considers god and shit on Ganon in a matter of seconds.

I mean seriously there are REGULAR enemies that have a higher chance to kill me than fucking Ganon does. Lynels, Fuck that man unless I have Urbosa's Fury fully charged and at least 3 two handed weapons that do about 50 damage I wont even bother to challenge them most of the time (even though i need to to upgrade most of my remaining armor).

On the topic of Armor, all the work you put into completing the shrines is pointless, all you get is an ugly version of links original tunic (looks identical to the Amiibo one from the 8bit link) it doesn't give you any armor bonus until you upgrade each piece at least twice and even getting it to the second upgrade has you running across all of Hyrule for stupid shit because you need to grind DRAGON PARTS and some fucking flowers that only spawn every 10 miles along 2 regions of the entire map it seems..... in Total to fully upgrade you need (divided by 3 for each of the dragons) 6 scales, 12 shards of a horn, 6 fangs and 6 claws, you need 45 swift flowers total, 30 acorns and 24?(i can't quite remember) of the Honey Comb things AND last but not least a total of 3 Star Shards.
For what exactly? 3 pointless pieces of an armor set that once upgraded gives you "Sword Beam Up" as a bonus a total of 84 defense (28 each piece) Which I should mention there are 2 other armor sets that give the same amount of defense fully upgraded EARLIER in the game, the Ancient Armor set and the Soldiers Armor set. Where as I don't believe the soldier set gives any armor bonus, but the Ancient set gives you not only resistance to Ancient enemies and weapons BUT makes those weapons do more damage to enemies as well.

On the bright side I've put over 120 hours in the game, and despite the tedious work with no real reward for all that I've accomplished, I got a nice screen shot at the end of the game of Zelda's unbelievably nice booty ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't...