Hacking i installed cbhc a year ago.. turned wii u on recently and...im missing the sd card now what?

alexenochs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed cbhc a year ago.. turned wii u on recently and...im missing the sd card now what? just as the title says nothing is wrong with the wii u i can boot into the regular firmware from the cbhc menu when i turn the system on but the sd card that had my nand backup and other stuff is gone and i dont remember what happened to it..what can i do to get back to where i was? im sorry if something like this has been asked a thousand times ive just been out of the circle for a while and im clueless

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if your console doesn't boot at all, your CBHC is not setup correctly.
When you see the CBHC booting text on your gamepad, press Home button to edit the boot option. Select "sysmenu" as default mode to boot into the CFW system menu, instead of trying to autoboot homebrew on a missing SD card.

but you said you already know about that.

What do you really want ?
make another NAND dump ? follow the WiiU hacking guide, NAND backup step again. of course it won't be a "clean" NAND backup, but it's a working one to be used in case of issue or brick. any working NAND are fine, no need to be clean of hacks.
If you want your homebrew back, get them from appstore too.

you want to know where to put homebrew on a new SD card?
follow a WiiU hacking guide, without running haxchi or cbhc installers, that's all. You'll get all your apps back, just don't run installers.

Last edited by Cyan,

alexenochs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your console doesn't boot at all, your CBHC is not setup correctly.
When you see the CBHC booting text on your gamepad, press Home button to edit the boot option. Select "sysmenu" as default mode to boot into the CFW system menu, instead of trying to autoboot homebrew on a missing SD card.

but you said you already know about that.

What do you really want ?
make another NAND dump ? follow the WiiU hacking guide, NAND backup step again. of course it won't be a "clean" NAND backup, but it's a working one to be used in case of issue or brick. any working NAND are fine, no need to be clean of hacks.
If you want your homebrew back, get them from appstore too.

you want to know where to put homebrew on a new SD card?
follow a WiiU hacking guide, without running haxchi or cbhc installers, that's all. You'll get all your apps back, just don't run installers.

what I put in bold was really what I was worried about and I did have a backup of the whole sd but sadly the hard drive the backup was on is dead aswell it died a few months ago which is expected as its probably 8+ years old and I should have backed everything up on a newer hdd that I have

so is sysmenu already mocha cfw or another technical cfw? I cant remember its been so long since I did the mod

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so is sysmenu already mocha cfw or another technical cfw?
It's the mini-cfw built into Haxchi/cbhc, with signature patches, region free, 99.99.99 version spoof in newest versions of haxchi/cbhc, protection (from title removal or reinstallation) of the DS game used, and of course support for an alternate default system app (so that selecting "system menu" in CBHC doesn't result in an infinite loop)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.