I hope this motivates DA to CFW

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by djricekcn, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2009
  1. djricekcn
    OP

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

2. casidepro

Member casidepro GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I heard DA is on a vacation.

3. blueskies

Member blueskies GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, besides playing new games, this could be considered a 'major update'. All we can do is wait and see.

4. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Well i guess this will prove if DA has left the scene or is just waiting...fingers crossed though hopefully it's out soon.

5. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    In my opinion, DA is just some loser, he just can't make any new cfw anymore because he is too proud to actually admit that he can't because it's too hard for him now. He is a hasbeen that should disapear from the internet. Instead of saying the craps about waiting for an update that is worth it, he should just admit he doesn't have the skills to do it anymore.

Face it, he did a cfw for 5.00, which didn't have anything worthwhile, but he won't do it for 6.00? The guy is a douche. His excuses don't work anymore.

6. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    That's really an unfair assessment. Nobody has a clue what he's thinking and people need to stop psychoanalyzing him.

Plus, I wouldn't take the whole 'no new CFW until there's something worthwhile in the OFW' thing to heart. The only reason people keep repeating that on the forums here is because that's the last comment he made, and that's all they have to go by. I'm not trying to boost (or destroy) anyone's hopes, but the obsessive scene-watching and speculation isn't going to make free PSP games (or whatever you want CFW for) rain from the sky any faster.

7. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    Why so much hate? He has practically disappeared from the internet. Besides he has more skill than any of the other cfw groups especially considering all other cfw is based on his. People would probably still be using modchips if had not created it.

http://www.gadgetvenue.com/sony-psp-50-fir...eased-10160652/
    That's what was in 5.00. A lot more than what has been added to 6.0. Folders is just about it. As for being too proud to admit anything he rarely says anything its usually Alek.

However this update is pretty major and will tell if he has quit if he really was waiting for something major.

8. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Honestly that is just stupid even if he couldn´t make a CFW, and i´m pretty sure he could (what doesn´t mean he need to make one for us) ,he done more as enough for the scene to show him some respect and don´t declare him as a loser. Especially if you don´t even now him.
    By the way what has it to do with a loser when you can´t make a CFW!? So you are the loser ? or everyone who can´t make one [​IMG].
    As said just stupid and ignorant.

9. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Sweet!

Doesn't PS3 have something like that? In terms of a chatting with other people, creating avatars, in a social environment?

How cool would it be to have that Playstation Room on the PSP.

If DA decides to not do an update, then there is something very wrong in his mind. [​IMG]

10. Giga_Gaia

Canada
    Someone has to say it, he is a hasbeen and has no excuses at all. Stop trying to defend his little sorry ***.

11. blueskies

United States
    Hehe, you really think calling him out like this, on gbatemp, will somehow make him prove himself and make a new cfw? It's this type of attitude from all the stupid scene kids that probably drove him away from the whole business. I bet he's just sitting back and laughing at everyone scrambling around while he plays his own personal 7.00 cfw. [​IMG]

12. Giga_Gaia

Canada
    For that, there would be a need to have a 7.00 ofw, which there is not. Also, I am merely saying what everyone thinks, the guy is a hasbeen, if he could do a cfw, he would. He just gives poor excuses because he can't.

13. blueskies

United States
    I was obviously implying he has access to firmwares we haven't even seen yet. And don't try speaking for everyone, you can only speak for yourself, hater.

14. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Unfortunately, Playstation Room is for Japan only. Never said anything about North America or other countries...at the moment anyway.

15. Giga_Gaia

Canada
    He doesn't have access to anything like that, especially since 7.00 isn't even in development yet. Yes, he is a hasbeen, deal with it.

16. blueskies

United States
    have you ever, once heard a/of a joke in your life?

are you part or the psp dev team, and know what firmware is in development right now?

can I stop coming in this topic and venting to idiots?

...3 no's.

17. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    wow, you can really tell giga gaia is from quebec

18. TripDyke

Member TripDyke GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Cos you've done better work for the PSP community than him, therefore you have a right to shitstir amirite?

19. kitehimuro

Member kitehimuro GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    I s'pose we'll have to wait a 100 years until they find him frozen in an iceberg while trying to escape sony executives on a flying bison.

Honestly, I don't understand the DA-worshipping, it's been almost a year since he's done any worthwhile for the PSP Scene. I'm not going so far as saying he's incapable of making a CFW, it's more like Sony paid him quite a lot to make him shut up. Just think about it, how much every DAY of having an uncracked firmware protection is worth to Sony. OF COURSE he won't come out and admit he's been bought, so he has to come up with all kinds of bullshit/smokescreen to protect his SCENE-CREDS.

Edit:

TripDyke:
    I suppose none of us did, yet white-knighting for him on the gbatemp PSP forum won't cause him to appear and sprinke magical CFW dust on you, believe me. What we don't know is whether he straight out betrayed the PSP scene or just retired from it. What we -DO- know is that 5.55/6.00 is a SIGNIFICANT update, since you either lose the ability to play ANY game whatsoever ( legit umd or iso ) OR lose homebrew, and DA is nowhere to be found, thus breaking the 'promise' he made earlier.

20. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Oh, give me a home
    Where the flying bison roam,
    Where DAX and Team M33 play;
    Where seldom is heard
    A discouraging word
    And CFW is coded all day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.