03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This means any VC games released on the 3DS or Wii U; Rather it be NES, SNES, N64, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, GEN, GG, or TG-16, as well as new ones like GCN and Dreamcast and the return of NeoGeo, Master System, Commodore 64, and Arcade games as well. Does anyone think the NX will allow you to have over 500+ VC games on the go?

Last edited by 03bgood,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This means any VC games released on the 3DS or Wii U; Rather it be NES, SNES, N64, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, GEN, GG, or TG-16, as well as new ones like GCN and Dreamcast and the return of NeoGeo, Master System, Commodore 64, and Arcade games as well. Does anyone think the NX will allow you to have over 500+ VC games on the go?
That would make the NX the best game console out there, if they managed to add nearly every well known game from the start.

But, no. Nintendo wouldn't try to do such a thing, with licenses issues and everything. They prefer to release worse VC each generation. Wii was the best so far! Wii U's is meh, and NX will be, well, you now, only Mario games in VC. I'm seeing it coming.

It's not being pessimistic, it's being realistic. I, too, had dreams like those you talk about, but no more.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not counting duplicates, I have 519 VC games, consisting of; NES, SNES, N64, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Game Gear, TG-16, NeoGeo, Commodore 64, and Arcade games. Too bad, they won't add Atari 2600/5200/7800 and ZX Spectrum games, those are obscure, especially the ZXS ones.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not counting duplicates, I have 519 VC games, consisting of; NES, SNES, N64, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Game Gear, TG-16, NeoGeo, Commodore 64, and Arcade games.
And you're counting Wii VC in there. Please remove those from that count. You get hardly 200 only on Wii U (exclude 3DS too).

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you're counting Wii VC in there. Please remove those from that count. You get hardly 200 only on Wii U (exclude 3DS too).
Are 3D Classics counted, too? Yes, but I only included them, not because they aren't VC games but because they run off hardware emulation.

So what; GB, GBC, and GG aren't VC games? Huh!?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are 3D Classics counted, too? Yes, but I only included them, not because they aren't VC games but because they run off hardware emulation.
I guess you're missing my point. Wii U has far less VC than the Wii had by this year of its lifespan. At 3 and a half years, the Wii VC was still alive, and good in releases.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you're missing my point. Wii U has far less VC than the Wii had by this year of its lifespan. At 3 and a half years, the Wii VC was still alive, and good in releases.
Right now, there's 224 VC games (Although DKCR isn't publicly available, yet) vs. the Wii's 398 games (more, if you count the delisted ones), so you're right. I can't believe Nintendo can't go back to releasing 2-3 games a week. Well they kinda have, lately. But it took them 3 damn years!

Last edited by 03bgood,
Reactions: Olmectron

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if it doesn't come with region lock this time?
I hope so. I want to download VC titles that never reached the states like Devil World (NES) and Mario's Super Picross (SNES) and I'd love to try Trip World (GB) as well.

Would removing the region lock, help them release VC games to both NA and EU at the same time? Or will it just be like with the Wii, 3DS, and Wii U, where NA has to wait like anywhere from 2 months to 1 1/2 years, just to get some 20-something old game.

Keep in mind, we're still missing these games:

NES
Kung-Fu Heroes
Flying Warriors
Little Ninja Brothers

SNES
N/A

N64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 2
Star Fox 64
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Wave Race 64

GBA
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong

DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of The Minis
Mario Hoops 3-on-3
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Kirby: Mass Attack
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Sports Mix
Wario Land: Shake It!
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Was availbe from My Nintendo, until July 1)
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Metroid: Other M (Yes, everyone hates this game)

Last edited by 03bgood,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to say right now, with the games Nintendo puts out right now on VC, most of it is fine.
I don't care for too many third-party games, and the ones that I do love are either available easily somewhere else (eg Perfect Dark on Xbox), can be run via an emulator, or able to be injected into Nintendo's VC. Most stuff that's not on VC already is not very feasible to put on VC anyways (Pokemon main series titles, licensed games, etc)

Not to say it isn't crap though - images stretched to 4:3 with a dark filter, with no SuperFX, Wii but not GameCube, no Genesis, and leaving options that do nothing (DS multiplayer/online - they could've connected to DS systems or patched the Internet to run off Nintendo Network, or at least removed the options)

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I hope so. I want to download VC titles that never reached the states like Devil World (NES) and Mario's Super Picross (SNES) and I'd love to try Trip World (GB) as well.

Would removing the region lock, help them release VC games to both NA and EU at the same time? Or will it just be like with the Wii, 3DS, and Wii U, where NA has to wait like anywhere from 2 months to 1 1/2 years, just to get some 20-something old game.
It would help only physical releases. Region issues about localization, ratings and those things will still be there for both physical and digital games.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy can't wait to rebuy old games again that I already bought as vc games.
I didn't even except to get TG-16 games bought via Wii Mode for only $3-4, instead of the usual $6-8.

Also, were behind Japan, which has like 30+ TG-16 games, jeez!

I bet only NES, SNES, N64, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, and DS games will get discounted, anywhere from like $1-5. The rest we'll have to rebuy at full price, ugh!

Last edited by 03bgood,

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice to have a complete virtual console collection, but unfortunately, it will never happen.

Also, I think that there are better subforums for NX discussion than a 3DS one.
I rather hope the NX gets hacked on launch ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:
Perhaps some of the people who have made big profits from Nintendo stock recently could be persuaded to pitch in for decapping the NX at launch.;)

Last edited by I pwned U!,
Reactions: The Cringe

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps some of the people who have made big profits from Nintendo stock recently could be persuaded to pitch in for decapping the NX at launch.;)
I dunno, but if they're making us rebuy the same VC games, for the 100th time; this should be the discount prices

NES: $0.50
SNES: $1.00
N64: $1.50
GB: $1.00-2.00
GBC: $2.00-3.00
GBA: $4.00-5.00
DS: $5.00-6.00
Wii: $8.00

Last edited by 03bgood,
D

Deleted User

I thought this thread was going to say "I hope the NX can play ANY VC game", ie: You hope it would play any VC game because you think they wouldn't put it in their, well of course. But it would be cheaper emulating them on computer and hooking it up to TV. I don't get what people see in buying VC games lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool didn't know they ported cuphead on vita