I hope the NX is a console/portable hybrid and Nintendo does more with the Virtual Console!

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by 03bgood, Oct 16, 2015.

1. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    This is bullshit that we have to hack our 3DS systems just to add emulators since Nintendo has moved on from the 3DS Virtual Console since February! I mean they announced that they are no longer adding Game Boy games to the service! I'm sick Nintendo being lazy! I hope with the NX, they relaunch the Virtual Console and actually give us NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, and DS games for both variants. (console and handheld so we can finally play SNES, N64, and GBA games on the go)

2. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    I totally agree with you. I myself have noticed that Nintendo's standards are dropping and dropping.

Last edited by Voxel, Oct 16, 2015
  3. 03bgood
    OP

03bgood Banned

Banned
    Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Paris, Illinois
    If the NX fails, It'll be their own fault, not us. It's already their fault that the Virtual Console is dying, not ours!

4. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    This is why I can wait for the NX. :gun::nds:

Boy, I hope I can be the first to hack it! That'd be cool. :rofl2::lol::):mellow::(:cry:

Last edited by Voxel, Oct 16, 2015
  5. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    I think nintendo only releases a few vc games so that they don't flood the market. It is trivial for them to release a gb game, but if they release too many they won't seem special anymore.

I think nintendo would actually sell less vc games if every game from every past system was released.

6. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    People don't play them because "it's VC so it's special" they play them because they're favorite games from an age gone by.

7. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    They can do this without being a "hybrid".

8. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    The college age guys I know only buy games they haven't played.

My older brother refuses to repay for games he already owns. I don't know anyone who buys vc games they've already played.