1. theasker

theasker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So for installing games if we use Hekate we use this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/kosmos-patches-es-fs.542455/
    And if we are installing games through Fusee-primary, we use this current thread?

Will it matter later which one we use if we want to play the games?
    Let say that i install a game using Hekate payloader with its Signature patches and install it through Tinfoil. And later i use Fusee-primary instead to boot up my console, would we still be able to play the games? Or do we need to be in the correct payloader when we installed the game? :)

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you use Kosmos, you need the Kosmos patches to be able to install or play backups. If you use fusee-primary, you need these patches to be able to install or play backups. If you switch bootloaders, you do not need to reinstall your games, but you will need the correct patches to be able to play them or install new games.

3. theasker

United States
    What if i don't use Kosmos at all?

I'm planning to just install Atmosphere from its Github and add the software separately depending on which i want. Should i still use the Kosmos patches or is this threads patches good enough? :)

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The only ways to use Atmosphere are a.) Use fusee-primary, or b.) Use Kosmos. If you're using Hekate to chainload fusee-primary, then you are using fusee-primary.

5. jhaw

jhaw Newbie
    Newcomer

Taiwan
    Appeared this problem
    How to solve it.
    Tried to format the memory card and initialize the swicth.

Attached Files:

6. theasker

United States
    For a noob, would you recommend to use Kosmos or primarly just use Atmosphere? I know that Kosmos basically boots up Atmosphere, but which one is more "stable" to use? :)

I'm thinking to boot up Atmosphere using Hekate.. Should I use this threads Signature Patches?

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I personally recommend using Atmosphere with fusee-primary. Among other reasons, you will get updates quicker, and you're using it as it was intended to be used.

If you're using Kosmos, don't use the patches in this thread. If you're using fusee-primary, use the patches in this thread.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Use 0.10.1.

8. theasker

United States
    But if I put the Fusee-Primary on the Atmosphere-Hekate folder in my RCMLoader and rename it to Payload.bin, will it still boot up to my EmuMMC?

Otherwise I will just put Hekate bin file in my RCMLoader, and let it autorun to Atmosphere instead. I will of course enable that feature in Hekate :)

9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You can configure Atmosphere to boot emuMMC in the configuration settings while still using fusee-primary.

10. theasker

United States
    I hate to be this guy, but do you mean the BTC.ini in Atmosphere/Config/ ?
    Or where can i find that configuration setting? :)

11. Zkajavier

Zkajavier GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    It might be useful if you tell us the exact error code you get when trying to install it, also how are you installing it (what software?), and also if you have any other game installed already that is working, and your CFW and Firmware versions.

Your game file might can be corrupted too.

12. peroquelepongo

Newcomer

Mexico
    will patches for 9.1 work in 8.1?

13. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Gambia, The
    Take a long hard look at the filename in Post #1 again

Draxzelex likes this.
  14. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    excuse me; i have been having problems with goldleaf working on my atmosphere (latest version). i have downloaded it on my switch -latest version of goldleaf, and when i open it up through the homebrew thing, the app doesn't work at all -just shows a black screen, and it leaves me there ;-; any help would be nice. ...-please..

15. tonev

tonev Newbie
    Newcomer

When I try to install an NSP using goldleaf it says that i do not have the latest sigpatches. I am using atmosphere and i am running on system firmware 9.1.Any Idea how to fix it? I am running the OS via emunand if that makes any difference. I tried running fuse primary bin but it trows the same error again.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  16. TamarindoJuice

TamarindoJuice GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    :)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  17. MirorB_Sees_All

Newcomer

United States
    Is there a guide for setting up Atmosphere as your CFW with fusee-primary.bin as the payload, instead of Hekate? Everyone recommends the nh-server github guide, but it uses Hekate as the payload and gives no information on how to use and configure fusee-primary. From what I read, the only way to run Sig Patches on vanilla Atmosphere is to use fusee-primary as the payload (not Hekate).

Also, does anyone know when Kosmos will be updated to support 9.1.0? I restored my NAND backup and upgraded to OFW 9.1.0 so that I could link a Nintendo Account for games that require it. Kosmos was nice to use tough because I didn't have to look for different Sig Patches and Hekate is very nicely designed.

18. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Fusee primary is recommended, actually. Do the following:
    1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already. Store it somewhere safe.
    2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
    3. Download the latest Atmosphere from github
    4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
    5. Download these signature patches
    6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
    7. Put the SD into your Switch
    8. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Use the proper signature patches. Are you using Hekate/Kosmos, or are you using fusee-primary?

19. MirorB_Sees_All

Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for replying! What about various steps in the guide, such as creating a NAND backup, creating an EmuNAND/emuMMC, backing up BIS Console Keys with Lockpick? All of these functions used Hekate in the aforementioned guide. Can you do the same things in fusee-primary? And if so, is there a guide for it?

I also, after looking through the Extra section of the guide, see that you can Chainload Fusee-primary from Hekate. But doesn't give much details beyond that. "Setup is complete, now you can boot CFW by injecting the hekate_ctcaer .bin file from the Hekate zip." Does this mean that I could use the regular Hekate interface and functions and follow the guide like normal if I go this route?

20. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You can follow the emuNAND setup guide using Hekate, and you can later configure fusee-primary to load your emuNAND.

MirorB_Sees_All likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - atmosphere, patches, heard