RELEASE I heard that you guys need some sweet patches for atmosphere

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by The-4n, Oct 18, 2018.

1. alkar

alkar GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2013
    United States
    unless 8.0 suddenly "fixes" this, the good old tinfoil (which i also love) can't install from SD... only USB/Network since 7.0 (worked on < 7.0)

2. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid

I only use USB install.

3. alkar

alkar GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2013
    United States
    That's why then. But yeah I agree for me old tinfoil with the shitty UI is the best installer. Easy to use and not bloated to death.

4. quazimojo

quazimojo Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Sadly that didnt fix it. It is still quite a few titles many are just simple Eshop titles.

5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You try Sciresm hot fixed update ?

6. quazimojo

quazimojo Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Yeah tried that right away hoping it would solve these issues. Im going down through all games installed and it is numerous. These arent XCIs converted most are just Eshop stuff . Makes no sense.

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Looks like you gonna have reinstall them if check for corruption doesn't fix anything for you, switch to FAT32 if you are exfat.

8. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2018
    United States
    The patches work perfectly. It's probable that you installed the games using an older installer that replaces the tickets.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That'll never work again. Nintendo changed stuff in 7.0.0 and old Tinfoil is no longer supported by the developer, so it'll never get updated with fixes for what changed. You gotta switch to a different installer. I like Goldleaf and Goldfoil for USB install. I like Lithium for installing from SD.

Last edited by blahblah, Apr 21, 2019
    quazimojo and Lacius like this.
  9. quazimojo

quazimojo Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    I used the original Tinfoil primarly to install everything .

Am on Fat32

Appreciate all the help and suggestions.

10. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2018
    United States
    I imagine that the version of Tinfoil you used* replaced tickets, which was common back then. You're going to have to reinstall the stuff that doesn't work. Either Lithium/Tinfoil DZ or Goldleaf (with Goldtree for USB install, of course) will work fine.

*as in the specific build of

quazimojo likes this.
  11. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    I still use the original tinfoil with Fluffy.

12. quazimojo

quazimojo Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Tinfoil 0.2.1 on the Switch side and on the PC i mainly do USB installs.

On the PC side its just AluminumFoil_Windows_x64 no version number there.

13. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2018
    United States
    Time to Switch. Tinfoil is absolutely obsolete and only god knows what it's doing to tickets.

Tinfoil version numbers aren't terribly useful as it was never officially released. Everyone uses a nightly build.

14. quazimojo

quazimojo Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    OK ill give one of your suggestions a try. I was just sticking with what always worked and until yesterday everything worked :).

15. theinternetnomad

theinternetnomad GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2013
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    None of my games seem to work either, I've applied the hotfix in addition to the patches. Perhaps due to them being installed through hbg shop, which uses tinfoil... my wifi seems to pretty spotty too, it randomly disconnects even when close to the router. My other stock switch is fine (also on 8.0). I've tried manually installing a nsp file through goldleaf 0.5 and it that didn't work either.

Rebooting the system several times seemed to fix it. really weird. I suggest removing all instances of atmospere from the sd card before installing the latest files.

Last edited by theinternetnomad, Apr 21, 2019
    Khodeus likes this.
  16. DuveltjeDG

DuveltjeDG GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2019
    Netherlands
    I'm testing right now and up until know every installed game seems te work. I used Goldleaf 0.5 with Goldtree to install, just started recently with hacking my switch.
    • Using the latest Atmosphere (with hotfix)
    • Using the latest Hekate with autoboot profile.
    • Using latest ES and FS Patches.
    Installed alot of games from XCI to NSP converted to CDN eshop games with all updates and DLC.

EDIT: Tested all my installed games 256GB SD and 32GB nand and everything works without a problem.

Last edited by DuveltjeDG, Apr 21, 2019
    GODDUKEMONEXA likes this.
  17. Volthax
    This message by Volthax has been removed from public view by x65943, Apr 21, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Apr 21, 2019
  18. Khodeus

Khodeus Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2019
    Italy
    Milan
    I have the same issues, after the update. I think it's a bug of the 8.0.0 FW. My Switch is constantly trying to connect to wi-fi, then drops.
    Great, now we have to wait for another stability update and a new working CFW.

theinternetnomad likes this.
  19. Hayato213
    This message by Hayato213 has been removed from public view by x65943, Apr 21, 2019, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Apr 21, 2019
  20. DuveltjeDG
    This message by DuveltjeDG has been removed from public view by x65943, Apr 21, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Apr 21, 2019
  21. 0x3000027E
    This message by 0x3000027E has been removed from public view by x65943, Apr 21, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Apr 21, 2019
  22. quazimojo

quazimojo Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    I can also confirm using Goldleaf 0.5 and reinstalling everything that was not previously working is now working perfectly.

Thanks again for all the help.

DuveltjeDG likes this.
  23. DuveltjeDG

DuveltjeDG GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2019
    Netherlands
    `
    Glad to hear your up and running again. I also are a newcomer to this forum. Many years ago I was here when de Wii scene exploded. Great community, everybody wants to help.

Last edited by DuveltjeDG, Apr 21, 2019
    quazimojo likes this.
  24. theinternetnomad

theinternetnomad GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2013
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    the wifi issue seems to only be effecting my CFW switch, which happens to also be a launch unit. I have a newer console from last november or so, that seems to be fine. Either this is a cfw issue or one tied to earlier systems.

Khodeus likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted