Hacking I heard somewhere in order to save Sky3DS, you need to cycle.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean you cannot save in-game? Or maybe it just applies to if you need to take out the microsd for diskwriter?

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Does this mean you cannot save in-game? Or maybe it just applies to if you need to take out the microsd for diskwriter?
From what I've heard, saving in game doesn't write the save to the mSD. It saves to a temporary location in memory and gets written to the mSD when you cycle to the next game.

To be on the safe side, I always cycle to the next game before turning off the system.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've heard, saving in game doesn't write the save to the mSD. It saves to a temporary location in memory and gets written to the mSD when you cycle to the next game.

To be on the safe side, I always cycle to the next game before turning off the system.
You mean it saves on the sky3ds temporarily? I'm planning to put a lot of games inside... I wouldn't wanna cycle through tons of games just to get back to the game I was playing :/

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5. Before you change to new MicroSD Card or delete game save data:
If you currently have game save data saved in SKY3DS, and you want to be change to another new MicroSD Card, you should press the red / blue button to switch to next game, the game save data will be saved from the EEPROM memory to the SD Card.

The Diskwriter tool has an option to hide games that you've written to your sky3ds mSD. That way you can have all the games you want on the stick without having to cycle through everything you're not currently playing.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You mean it saves on the sky3ds temporarily? I'm planning to put a lot of games inside... I wouldn't wanna cycle through tons of games just to get back to the game I was playing :/
Why don't you try testing it? Start a new game, save, exit, and turn off the 3DS. Take out the Sky3DS for good measure. Then try starting the game again. If the save is still there, you're good. But you definitely have to cycle a game before using diskwriter. Try testing that too. Use diskwriter without cycling a game and check if the save is gone.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Diskwriter tool has an option to hide games that you've written to your sky3ds mSD. That way you can have all the games you want on the stick without having to cycle through everything you're not currently playing.
Oh alright, thanks. It mentioned about EEPROM. How about Card 2 Games?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why don't you try testing it? Start a new game, save, exit, and turn off the 3DS. Take out the Sky3DS for good measure. Then try starting the game again. If the save is still there, you're good. But you definitely have to cycle a game before using diskwriter. Try testing that too. Use diskwriter without cycling a game and check if the save is gone.
My Sky3DS did not arrive yet.

D

Deleted-355425

My sky3ds saves are fine just like any other game cart? Is this problem for red version only? I have a blue one.

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost my save on Devil Survivor 2, but got it back after cycling. Blue button Sky here

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all you have to remember is to cycle to the next game any time you need to remove the microsd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)