Gaming I heard a rumor about the switch, is this true?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm saying its been done.

I was thinking in terms of resolution.

edit:

that said, touch controls would likely be better.

I am referring to playing your 3DS games on the Switch screen itself

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't...the Switch has one screen...and it's wide screen. Even if you could, the games would look like complete shit or be missing their bottom screen.
i pressent you the DS plus addon.
slide the nintendo switch into this addon which is a second touch screen for the nintendo switch
only 200$, it includes the 3DS and DS processors, so you can play your old games with this amazing addon

nintendo switch 3ds plus addon.jpg

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It doesn't make sense for Nintendo to have DS emulation on one system and ditch DS emulation on the next system. That's why my guess is the Switch has a touchscreen solely for DS emulation.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone said that you will be able to transfer over 3ds and wii u games to your switch via redownloading them off of the eshop on the Switch.
Can anyone confirm this? It would be really cool to play some of my 3ds games on the switch.

Rumour ?? Source ? or Just your own questions or from your friends ? No, Nintendo already mentioned no. Nonsense for 3ds games on the switch or 3DS console would lose the profits. Again, Nintendo clearly said no months ago.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I am referring to playing your 3DS games on the Switch screen itself

Depends, from a resolution perspective it could work as the Switch uses a 720p display and the 3DS resolution is 800x240/400x240 and 320x240. Although the issue then would be scaling.

Whether you would like it though I'd say is a case of YMMV. This is all theoretical, although I'd find it weird if Nintendo would avoid one potential way of making money if the hardware can handle it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed