Hacking I have to say, upgrading to 4.0 was a good idea

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I held on to 3.2 for the longest time.. but just to make sure my Wii is semiready for Punch-Out and Wii Motion + (or easily upgradeable) I updated to 4.0.

I really like the SD card menu.. it's exactly what I wanted. Now I'm actually interested in VC games again and can organize them by system and not worry about memory problems. Read/write times seem to be quicker to for copying.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Me too, i'm glad I got a NAND dump beforehand anyway just in case. I have boot2 BootMii and so I have done away with Preloader and just use StarPatch. With cIOS and trucha'd IOS's and bannerbomb being 4.0 compatible, there really is no need to stick at a lower version.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah me to i was on 3.2 & starfall for ages but i could not stop my self going to 4.0 for the SDHC support i did it straight away,before bootmii came out
smile.gif

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had been holding out forever but after reading this post I decided to take the plunge. I have to agree that 4.0 kicks ass. I have a modchip anyway and now that bannerbomb is out there really is no reason to stay at 3.2U. I installed BootMii first and backed up my NAND so no worries there. I just got done loading a SDHC 4GB card with WiiWare and it works great!! Thanks for helping to motivate me!

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
olliepop2000 said:
Me too, i'm glad I got a NAND dump beforehand anyway just in case. I have boot2 BootMii and so I have done away with Preloader and just use StarPatch. With cIOS and trucha'd IOS's and bannerbomb being 4.0 compatible, there really is no need to stick at a lower version.
Woah, what?? When did this happen???

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
damn straight it was, i hated everything about 4.0 before, didn't wnat to upgrade but now that I'm on it I think it's awesome.
I have both a 3.2E and 4.0E backups on two different computers and on the SD cards themselves(tho one of my sd cards isn't reliable at all, it's al lcorrupted and formats dont fix it) so I'm safe, the wii can mess up all it wants now

di4medollaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
olliepop2000 said:
I am about to take the 4.0 leap but have a few questions , first like the reply i am quoting to is it a good idea to take a nand dump and if so why? also following the firmware updater 4.0 read me it says " just load with your homebrew method and it will automaticly be done" After i install this with my wad manager will i still be able to use all my wii ware games and backup loader gamma? I loaded hbc and it says i am on IOS36 v4.18 and i dont have a clue what cios is on my wii cause i bought it like this so my last question is does my IOS36 v4.18 meet the requirements and does it matter what cios is installed on my wii?
Thank u so much GBA

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
stevee said:
triassic911 said:
Is there a tutorial on how to upgrade to 4.0 and keep the trucha bug and wad installing and all that?
Here Linky

Once you've done either method in that link (which I am sure I did ages ago), will the Wii system settings show 4.0 or your old firmware version ?

I'm sure I have done the wanin 4.0 update ages ago and mine still says 3.2 and I don't have the SD menu stuff either ?

Heiopeio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@ adambrunt

the system setting will show you 4.0

i have upgraded yesterday to 4.0 with waninkokos firmware updater,
and it shows now 4.0

gadgeteduk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
today may be the day i take the leap to 4.0 just recieved my 4gb sd card from ebay and have installed bootmi and done backup off excellent 3.2 that never gave me any problems with any game i threw in it through disc channel so have been reluctant to go up to 4.0 .the only regret im having is my custom system menu it took me about 20hrs of work making it ,so if anyone one with a bit of savvy on this can you tell me if i can convert my menu to 4 easily without to much recompiling the whole menu

joe90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick one.

I have a 3.3, with preloader installed, but no hacks as they are for 3.2E and 4.0E only..
Can I just update to 4.0 with preloader already installed? without a brick using the install ios60.wad then normal update method? or shall i use Waninkoko's 4.0 method?

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s