Hacking I have to get my DS Lite reapaired

thaimonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My touch screen won't work so I'll have to send it in for repairs.

Since I've already flashed it, should I uninstall it? I heard the DS Menu will crash if I do, so I guess the only other option is to install FlashMe Stealth.

So which one should I do?

roar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't bother uninstalling flashme or putting the stealth on, walmart took it back no trouble, I suppose nintendo could come a knocking at anytime... I'll be sure to keep one eye open
smile.gif

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think I can still return it to target? I got a faulty speaker on mine and it's flashed.
I got mine launch day and I don't know target's return policy. Do they get personal info on you?

eightbitminiboss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't bother uninstalling flashme or putting the stealth on, walmart took it back no trouble, I suppose nintendo could come a knocking at anytime... I'll be sure to keep one eye open
smile.gif

You have to remember that most major retailers aren't trained to check for such things.

Do you guys think I can still return it to target? I got a faulty speaker on mine and it's flashed.
I got mine launch day and I don't know target's return policy. Do they get personal info on you?

Target has a 90 day return policy last I checked.

PineappleH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. I've return things to many retail stores and rarely do they ask me for my personal info.

As for the flashed DSL, I wonder wat would Nintendo do even if u just send it straight in. I mean u can simply say you told one of ur friend how annoying the health screen was, and he got rid of it for u. He know a lot about comps and stuff... blah.. blah... blah... And if they ask for contact info for the person, just say he moved and u lost he phone #.
wink.gif

kidxsoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just sent mine in to Nintendo with flashme stealth and my replacement arrived at my parents house. Anyway, they took it and replaced it no problem.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got mine back from Nintendo, they sent me a REMANUFATCURED unit....um yea...not to happy about that....and my over paranoid ass is worried about the buttons they all seem a little...off....L&R seem higher than the rest...the d pad doesnt look like it sits perfectly...I am going to Walmart to exchange it for a new one...they take your name and info since I dont have a reciept but i don't really care. I got the box and stuff and thats all that matters I hope.

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought mine in July and the hinge cracked in August, I sent it back yesterday afternoon, it is flashed using flashme stealth so hopefully everything will be okay. I just hope I get a new unit and not a refurbished of something.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy that nintendo warrenty repair form has so much personal information needed.

I guess I'll just flash this baby with stealth and pray....unless someone has another idea?

kidxsoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah just send it in with flashme stealth. I don't think they actually check. The worst thing they can do is say its not under warranty and send it back to you. It's not like you can get arrested or anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all