Hacking I Have Some Questions...

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok i have some questions about hacking the wii because im going to do the twilight hack:

1. I hear stuff about "wads" and that they are wiiware and virtual console games? how do i install them?

2. Do all Virtual Console and Wiiware wads work?

3. To play copied/backup games without a modchip what is needed and is it complicated/risky?

4. when you install the wads do they just get stored on the menu like when you buy VC and Wiiware games?

5. i have the latest version firmware (but i dont know what it is) will that affect using any homebrew?

6. what are some popular/essential homebrew and programs to have on?

7. when i install and have all the homebrew on do i have to keep the SD card in when im using the wii?

8. i have a 2gb SD will that be enough for everything??

9. when a firmware update comes around what should i do?

plz help, thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1. I hear stuff about "wads" and that they are wiiware and virtual console games? how do i install them?
Wad Manager

2. Do all Virtual Console and Wiiware wads work?
NO, only the ones that work

3. To play copied/backup games without a modchip what is needed and is it complicated/risky?
If you don't know about Wad Manger, then I guess it can be complicated

4. when you install the wads do they just get stored on the menu like when you buy VC and Wiiware games?
the wad is the way to pack several files for the Wii, to be installed, not necesarely are VC or WW games, can be IOS, can be DLC, can be SysMenu, etc..., so yes they actually get INSTALLED in the internal memory

5. i have the latest version firmware (but i dont know what it is) will that affect using any homebrew?
if you are on 3.4 (latest) it doesn't affect the Homebrew, if you don't know what is a 3 dot 4, then you probably don't need any of this

6. what are some popular/essential homebrew and programs to have on?
HBC and Homebrew Browser

7. when i install and have all the homebrew on do i have to keep the SD card in when im using the wii?
can't really understand what you're asking, but HBC needs the SD card to read the aplications from there, or you can use a tcp client to send the aplications over your network, or you can simply find some aplications you want, in channel format, and then just use Wad Manager to install those into the Main Menu of your Wii

8. i have a 2gb SD will that be enough for everything??
YES, and that's the limit of use for the Wii natively

9. when a firmware update comes around what should i do?
READ at GBATemp what to do, do not update thru disc or internet, just wait and read first what to do

P.S. if none of this makes any sense to you, read more and stop asking things you don't understand, you have been making this kind of post and they have almost the same questions over and over again...!!!
wink2.gif

Lubbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have read heaps on all this i just needed to be sure before i do anything, also one more question sorry,
what folders have to be on the SD card?

also with question 3 i wasn't talking about wads (sorry i put the question in the wrong place) i was talking about real wii games and burning them and playing them

Lubbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so all i need is the program in your signature and wadmanager and gamma launcher?
also i hear you have to patch the iso in order to play it on a non-chipped wii do you have to do that or is it a different method?

CopyCaet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You do need to have Hombrew Channel installed before you can install any of those.
And patching the ISO.. hmm I never patched any of my games and they all work on the gamma launcher. Also, all answers and instruction on downgrading/installing homebrew etc can be found here; http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945 I think that's what you need
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

I would suggest him either to do more reading and searching, or stay away from Wii Homebrew Community.

(You know how ass I can become when it comes to midnights
tongue.gif
)

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
I would suggest him either to do more reading and searching, or stay away from Wii Homebrew Community.

(You know how ass I can become when it comes to midnights
tongue.gif
)

My thoughts exactly!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
CheatingSoi said:
I think that its very useful to downgrade your wii to 3.2 but it can be kind of complicated. I don't even remember how.

You're joking, right..?? I really can't see WHY someone would make a guide for something that is:

CODE1)Start the HBC
2)Load the cIOS Downgrader
3)Select the version to install
4)Wait 'till it ends
5)Done

(oh I forgot....each point needs you to press A, each one its own press A)

Can you see that the last 2 points aren't even instructions...???
rofl.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: