R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
EDIT: I fixed it! It was more simple than I realised. I used the dload folder method. Placing the update.app into a folder called 'dload' on an sdcard. Then holding power, both volume buttons to initiate the update.

Thanks for your help guys!! :)

I tried to update the firmware and screwed up big time. It's a huawei P9 lite and I am really stressing over it :( Any help would be really appreciated since I can't seem to get help anywhere.

Last edited by R4Liam,

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I used TWRP to install android 7.0 and it was working but without bluetooth or 3g. So I tried to fix that and made it worse.

The boot loader is unlocked so EE won't repair it. I know that I need the correct recovery installed and correct img but can't find them.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Why not go on their official Website and use their tools ?
http://consumer.huawei.com/de/support/mobile-phones/p9_de-sup.htm

I will try this out, thanks.

In what way is it soft bricked?

Can you access recovery and bootloader/firmware flash mode?

I installed Revolution Recovery since I can't get TWRP running on 7.0. But it always fails to flash any images. On top of that EE says my model is VNS-L11 but on the back of the phone it reads VNS-L31. SO I am unsure which .img to flash.

I think It's soft bricked. I cannot get into the homescreen of OS because there is no OS (I wiped it to start fresh when I failed) And It just loops boot sequence. Unless I go into recovery.

Can you enter to the bootloader? or even recovery?

I can enter both bootloader and recovery but recovery doesn't seems to flash.

Last edited by R4Liam,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try this out, thanks.

I installed Revolution Recovery since I can't get TWRP running on 7.0. But it always fails to flash any images. On top of that EE says my model is VNS-L11 but on the back of the phone it reads VNS-L31. SO I am unsure which .img to flash.

I think It's soft bricked. I cannot get into the homescreen of OS because there is no OS (I wiped it to start fresh when I failed) And It just loops boot sequence. Unless I go into recovery.

I can enter both bootloader and recovery but recovery doesn't seems to flash.
If you can acess the botloader, you still have hope, dont worry, you just need to flash the stock rom and that would be it.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
If you can acess the botloader, you still have hope, dont worry, you just need to flash the stock rom and that would be it.

Okay thanks, so when I flash the rom it always fails. This is the trouble I am having. I might be trying to flash the wrong rom?

Edit: The only recovery I am able to install seems to be Revolution recovery but it isn't mounting data or sd card so it fails to flash anything.

I have tried to install TWRP recovery but I cant seem to be able to.

Last edited by R4Liam,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks, so when I flash the rom it always fails. This is the trouble I am having. I might be trying to flash the wrong rom?

Edit: The only recovery I am able to install seems to be Revolution recovery but it isn't mounting data or sd card so it fails to flash anything.

I have tried to install TWRP recovery but I cant seem to be able to.
No, installing a custom recovery has nothing to do with a stock rom, to install a stock rom, first you need to know the exact variant of your phone, which is...? O:

Reactions: R4Liam

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Well on the back of my phone it is printed as: Huawei VNS-L31

But the phone company said it is VNS-L11 but I think they are the same.

So I don't need a recovery to install the stock rom?

Last edited by R4Liam,

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well on the back of my phone it is printed as: Huawei VNS-L31

But the phone company said it is VNS-L11 but I think they are the same.

SO I don't need a recovery to install the stock rom?
No. Only ADB/Fastboot on your pc, and the stock images for your phone, which shouldn't be too hard to find. Then find a guide on how to flash them
EDIT: Is this single or dual-sim?

Last edited by mgrev,

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Ah this is my typical fun area!

Well, did you UPDATE your TWRP before 7.X?

https://twrp.me/devices/huaweip9.html

Yes I used the latest TWRP for P9 lite form that exact page. Whenever I try and install TWRP though the hardware buttons don't seem to trigger TWRP to launch, whereas REvolution Recovery does boot.

No. Only ADB/Fastboot on your pc, and the stock images for your phone, which shouldn't be too hard to find. Then find a guide on how to flash them
EDIT: Is this single or dual-sim?

Okay, well it is a single sim. I can use ADB on my PC whilst in Bootloader mode so that at least works. Now just finding the stock rom.

Last edited by R4Liam,

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
you don't have to use the stock rom either. you could just grab a custom one and use that. flash twrp and flash the rom via twrp

I can't seem to get TWRP working. using the latest version. I don't think TWRP will work on Nougat for this phone.

Last edited by R4Liam,

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat