I have quite a few Injected VC games I'd like to share with friends.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by The Frenchman, Mar 17, 2013.

1. The Frenchman
    OP

Member The Frenchman GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have a rather large injected/genuine VC collection on my SD card, I hacked my sister's Wii recently and installed some old games we used to play as kids. A lot of these were injected by some generous Internet users and are now impossible to find.

I would like to repack those games I have into WADs I could easily share with her and other friends.

How should I proceed in order to do so?

2. The Frenchman
    OP

Canada
    Specifically I'd like to take those content.bin files on my SD and revert them back to WADs so I can reinstall them to any Wii.

3. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    Dump your NAND and use ShowMiiWads to pack the content into a WAD. However you can just inject these yourself if you have the ROM. There are plenty of tools around for injecting ROMs, I'm not sure which is the most up to date now but they all more or less give the same end result. For N64 games you have to pick the right base WAD to inject into though and most injected N64 games don't work, but other consoles work fine.

4. The Frenchman
    OP

Canada
    This would pack my whole NAND into a wad? Not sure I understand. Since most of my games are on an SD card, can I simply copy the ticket and then reinsert it into an other Wii and then it'd see my content.bin's as theirs from the sd card?

5. Catastrophic

Member Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Iceland
    I don't think it's possible to convert content.bin files straight into wad files, I suggest you store whatever games in question on your Wii and dump them to your SD card using a wad dumper.

One question though, shouldn't you already have the wad files since you were able to install them on your sister's Wii?

edit: ah, didn't realize that was a long time ago.

6. WDae

Newcomer WDae Member

Canada
  7. The Frenchman
    OP

Canada
    Showmiiwads refuse to load my NAND backup... dunno why.

as for Wad dumper, do you have any program name? cause I can just transfer my VC games to my Wii and copy them, then send her these games.

8. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    This is a very unlogical way IMHO.
    Why not use an emulator like retroarch?

9. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    You can dump wads with wiimod.

You can extract your nand with nandextract and then open it in showmiiwads.

10. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    ^This. Emulators are far easier to configure.

11. The Frenchman
    OP

Canada
    I have emulators on my Xbox, Dreamcast, Nintendo created a platform where I can have multiple console on the same display and not worry about ugly lists of games. I see the "press start" menus, I see the console it's on and I can just simply click it and play away.

I like this formula, I want to use it. Thank you for your concerns but I'll stick to VC/WADs for they are the most interresting way to play retro games!

12. The Frenchman
    OP

Canada
    BTW Thanks mauifrog I'll try this in the weekend and report back with news of my success!

13. the_randomizer

United States
    But they aren't 100% compatible, not all games can be injected, some have severe glitching and/or lock up the console; they look horrible without filtering.

14. The Frenchman
    OP

Canada
    I don't want all games, I want the games I like and had as a kid/still have. anyway, VC looks great in 480p, they do not look horrible, I don't want smoothing.

15. the_randomizer

United States
    On CRTs, they look great, on HDTV, they look horribly scaled, but to each his own :ph34r:

16. Hielkenator

Netherlands
    Oh really?
    Try hooking up your vc game to an old crt... sadly the vc does not support 240p. Basicly VC are emulators packed with a channel FYI, hahaha.
    There really NOTHING genuine about them. You get the exact same picture from any emulator avaialable on Wii, but without the hassle of "your"method+ a far better emulated system than ninty's own emus.
    You should really read up on this.

17. The Frenchman
    OP

Canada
    No I shouldn't because I want to play with WADs thank you. I don,t care which looks best, it's fucking 8/16 bits, I never expected those games to look great, I just want to play them.

I know an emu is bundled inside all VC wads I even talked about that in a recent thread I made...

18. Friendsxix

Member Friendsxix GBATemp's Autistic Pikachu

United States
    Not being rude or anything, but considering the current state of N64 emulation on the Wii... I think I'd take the official emulator's lousy compatibility over 90% of the games working, but at horribly low framerates...

Anyways, I digress. In actually answering your question, I would recommend Wainkoko's "Wad Creator" (Link HERE)
    Do be aware, however, that due to it's age it lacks SDHC support, USB support is broken in new versions of cIOS (so I hear), and it probably won't work with the Wii remotes that come with the 'MotionPlus' inside already. Get past all those issues, it does dump slowly, but I've never had an issue with the resulting WAD. Let me know if you need any more help! :P

(If you don't have access to the Wii with them installed, you obviously cannot do this. Even if you have the content.bin files, they would be useless for this task because the contents are still encrypted with the 'title key,' and the ticket which contains this key is stored on the console.)

19. Hielkenator

Netherlands
    What you mean ALL 21 games? lol.
    You are right N64 support is pathetic.
    BUT this is NOT what the OP meant.

the_randomizer likes this.
  20. The Frenchman
    OP

Canada
    Anyways the only good N64 games I'd want and isn't already on VC or injected is GoldenEye.

I'm looking all of this again this weekend, I'll report back, thanks for the help.