Homebrew i have no idea where to put this plz help

RiohMisaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im having issues with some data trafer from my 16 gb sd to my 32 gigs its for my 3ds some file pass but the other files wont pass and they say they are currupted then i do it again and some of those files pass but some other that did pass in the past now say currupted tried doing a image backup to it but neh nothing
tried zip folder nothing
tried back up image nothing plz help me

chaojimbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having issues with some data trafer from my 16 gb sd to my 32 gigs its for my 3ds some file pass but the other files wont pass and they say they are currupted then i do it again and some of those files pass but some other that did pass in the past now say currupted tried doing a image backup to it but neh nothing
tried zip folder nothing
tried back up image nothing plz help me
How are you transferring the files? Through an SD card reader? Wireless through FTP? SD Card Management?

chaojimbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well micros sd card reader
Copy (not cut, copy) everything off the SD Card to your computer first. If it still says you are having corruption, try a different USB port. If you're still having issues, try a different SD Card reader. There are some programs on google that let you recover files from corrupted SD cards, you could try those if all else fails. Similarly, use a program that can clone the SD partition from one SD to the other.

Make sure both SD cards are formatted the same with the same sized clusters.

RiohMisaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Copy (not cut, copy) everything off the SD Card to your computer first. If it still says you are having corruption, try a different USB port. If you're still having issues, try a different SD Card reader. There are some programs on google that let you recover files from corrupted SD cards, you could try those if all else fails. Similarly, use a program that can clone the SD partition from one SD to the other.

Make sure both SD cards are formatted the same with the same sized clusters.
its already saved on the pc did the copy and paste like three time and everyone end up with different results some files go corrupt when other dont and it changes with every try

chaojimbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its already saved on the pc did the copy and paste like three time and everyone end up with different results some files go corrupt when other dont and it changes with every try
Could be a bad SD card. Make sure it's formatted correctly. Copy/Paste with you reader should work fine if it works fine with your other SD.

RiohMisaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could be a bad SD card. Make sure it's formatted correctly. Copy/Paste with you reader should work fine if it works fine with your other SD.
im really tire of this i have tried sooo many thing already they are both formatted equally i had no issue passing file from 4 gig to the 16 gig also a friend of mine had same issues he ended up breaking the SD card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i just want to use my 32 gig i had on my phone for my 3ds also i got sysnand is it maybe cuz of that that it wont pass completely ok and change corruption on the files

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had something similar happen once, with my psp. I started copying one directory at a time. I eventually found that there was a stupid thumbs.db file that was hanging everything up. After finding this out, I was able to copy everything else over successfully. I'm not sure how that file got created or what it use was, but my psp with the new card worked fine. Maybe you have something like happening?

RiohMisaki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had something similar happen once, with my psp. I started copying one directory at a time. I eventually found that there was a stupid thumbs.db file that was hanging everything up. After finding this out, I was able to copy everything else over successfully. I'm not sure how that file got created or what it use was, but my psp with the new card worked fine. Maybe you have something like happening?
well it might be but my problem is that some file do pass and other dont then ity again and the files that wheren able to pass some of them did pass but some of the that did before wont

chaojimbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"thumbs.db" is a Windows Thumbnail file. It's used to speed up the process for loading thumbnails in explorer.exe

outeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If some Files are Making it to the Computer ervery try just try it on till you saved all your Files ,or try different tranfere Methods like FTP.Or use some of youre backups you hopefully have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse