Homebrew I have no idea what I did wrong

YumYumSauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I couldn't get versions of Gecko OS higher than 1.07 to boot so I went on their forums to figure something out. I tried to use the cIOS rev 10 installer but I kept getting this weird DSI exception. So I reformat the card try it again, same crap. I try a new card and get the same error. I say "f this" and try to boot up the older Gecko OS same DSI exception. I tried some of my other homebrew apps like the wad manager and Quake and its the same crap over and over again.

What the heck did I do to my wii?

I'm still on 3.2 and I've installed all those Animal Crossing WADs but nothing really crazy.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
gecko os is pretty much obsolete anyway use usb loader

What?!? Gecko OS is NOTHING like USB loader. it lets you play region free games ( as in actual discs, not "backups" ), and also allows for use of USB Gecko, giving a few functions. Neither of those features are present in USB Loader. Why recommend a totally different app?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gecko OS has really nothing to do with cIOS and backup launching. Gecko OS's authors are strictly against piracy, that's why the new versions are closed source. If you run it from the HBC it runs with IOS36 like nearly everything else that is not from Waninkoko or related to backup launching.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SifJar said:
Bladexdsl said:

What?!? Gecko OS is NOTHING like USB loader. it lets you play region free games ( as in actual discs, not "backups" ), and also allows for use of USB Gecko, giving a few functions. Neither of those features are present in USB Loader. Why recommend a totally different app?

usb loader ultimate v7 can do ALL that and doesn't need discs. gecko os and disc loaders are pretty much finished. usb 5 times faster too

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Bladexdsl said:
SifJar said:
Bladexdsl said:

usb loader ultimate v7 can do ALL that and doesn't need discs. gecko os and disc loaders are pretty much finished. usb 5 times faster too

the applications you are talking just RIPPED code from gekko OS to have same features (disc loading, regionfree & cheat stuff)
Gecko OS is not (and never was) useful for pirates, so it can't be "finished"... you are completely off-topic
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: