Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Download version 0.2:
http://www.mediafire.com/?eyhkcutjhdz

Download version 0.1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hkozvnmq5f4

The cMIOS is basically identical with WiiGator's cMIOS, but without the DVD-R patch and i always use MIOSv4. The cMIOS should allow all retail gamecube games to be played from the disc channel, and it allows to boot gamecube homebrew.

This cMIOS is only for use with retail discs. Backup gamecube games do boot with this cMIOS, but only if the loader doesn't allow the game to reset the drive.(=not compatible with any current GC backup launcher) If the game can't reset the drive, a disc change is impossible. So if you want to run gamecube backups, get WiiGator's cMIOS which allows everything this cMIOS does, plus running of gamecube backups.

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jkashuba07 said:
PizzaPino said:
i think you should edit your link. it's time to grab my gc games.

Haha yea, I looked and MediaFire doesn't have your cmios anywhere on its homepage
i think he wants you guys to upload it :v

lol just kiddin'
closedeyes.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
madri1 said:
hi ,
why no dvd-r patch and why not the latest mios as source ?

My intension was a legal cMIOS! And v4 because i think everything nintendo was updated was protection against backups and Action Replay.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The original purpose of this was a legal cMIOS for my (not finished yet) loader that allows to use Wiird on retail gamecube games. But since it's still possible to launch gamecube backups with this (using NeoGamma with GC mode internal for example), i can't release it on WiiBrew.

Umm, not to set off some huge philosophical stint, but by that same logic, isn't HBC, LoadMii, etc. ineligible for upload to WiiBrew? They can be used to launch gamecube backups (using GC Backup Launcher, or NeoGamma for that matter) in the same indirect sense. I wonder if Marcan pitched a fit...after successfully trying one of his backups.
wink.gif

This is one of the reasons why I largely avoid wiibrew except for wiki research, sites like wii-homebrew don't waste so goddamn much time pretending to dance the fine moral line. Refusing to upload clearly copyrighted material is fine and wholly understandable. Refusing to show this, however, is just silly.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
+1!!!!
Its a shame that ppl like wiipower spend time doing this stuff then have to figure out if it makes marcans little piggly wiggly tingle.
back on topic,

with wanins mios my retail tony hawk UG2 would randomly DRE, will this possibly help any?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TRushInfo said:
+1!!!!
Its a shame that ppl like wiipower spend time doing this stuff then have to figure out if it makes marcans little piggly wiggly tingle.
back on topic,

with wanins mios my retail tony hawk UG2 would randomly DRE, will this possibly help any?

Does it show the logo from his backup launcher when booting the game from disc channel?

I can't get Eternal Darkness, Starfox Adventures and Zelda Ocarina of Time/Master Quest(all retail discs) to work with my loader, they all get a disc read error on the 1st screen. With this cMIOS, i successfully booted Eternal Darkness from disc channel.

So it may fix your problem, maybe not. Random issues are always problematic, i guess it won't help.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Great stuff, you had been kinda quite for a while and this explains it
smile.gif

I've got over 80 retail GC games and a couple of retail Action Replays but I think this will be better than AR for a few reasons, so I think I'm gonna be following this.

I don't know why it would be allowe don wiibrew myself if you removed the DVD-R patch, hmm. I mean I can for example use the homebrew channel to launch a USB loader or cIOS installer so they facilitate piracy in a way too. Then it's their site and their rules I suppose.

Anyway again great stuff
biggrin.gif

Mirror

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Once the loader is finished and released on:
http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php#1

I will ask in #wiidev if i can link it on WiiBrew, but i don't expect i will be allowed to do it. Oh and the most work on the cMIOS was actually to change my TBR code to say MIOS and to figure out that i need to round up the size of the modified module.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some feedback from people who actually use this would be nice, for now i'm the only one i know of who is using it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16